Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Local Radius Aruba Instant

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Local Radius Aruba Instant

Posted Dec 01, 2015 11:43 AM

I found that small customers with Aruba instant would like to import multiple local radius users in Instant and assign them custom roles. It looks as though instants only allow Employee or Guest roles when creating local users. I found this to be a very odd oversight for Aruba since they push role based security and support local radius. 

• 2.  RE: Local Radius Aruba Instant

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 01, 2015 11:47 AM

RocketRob,

The question is, how many roles would a small shop want and if they want more than 2 what should they be?  What is the dividing line between a small shop and a larger shop that should at least have an external radius server?  

• 3.  RE: Local Radius Aruba Instant

Posted Dec 01, 2015 11:50 AM

Under the firewall settings you can create custom roles with custom security, and QoS policies for each. It only seems logical that I should then be able to assign a local user one of the custom roles I created. I don't know what "if any" limiting factors there should be. 

• 4.  RE: Local Radius Aruba Instant

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 01, 2015 02:10 PM
    Rocketrob,

Agreed.

Please login to the support site and search/enter a new idea in the ideas portal with your idea.