Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

MAC Authentication not working properly

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  MAC Authentication not working properly

Posted Sep 19, 2013 02:30 PM

I have setup MAC Authentication and all seems to be working on the server end. The NPS event logs show audit success for the device, but it's never receiving an IP, and perpetually says "connecting" on the device. It will eventually fail saying invalid password, but no username/password was input on it, to force PAP/MAC login. Please advise. Thanks

<edit> Seems I'm needing something completely different. It's odd that the above won't work, but it's not what I'm needing. I need to filter devices based on MAC after 802.1x authentication. If someone has full access, but using an unapproved device, I want to filter their access to the network. However if it's an approved device, they have the full permissions granted to them otherwise.

• 2.  RE: MAC Authentication not working properly

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 19, 2013 03:06 PM

Where are you storing your mac addresses?

• 3.  RE: MAC Authentication not working properly

Posted Sep 19, 2013 03:15 PM

That's the issue, i'm not where to even start with this one. I can put them in their Active Directory settings. Perhaps a custom field? or their callback number?

I had MAC authentication almost completely setup, when I was told we need MAC Filtering instead.

• 4.  RE: MAC Authentication not working properly
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 19, 2013 03:20 PM

• 5.  RE: MAC Authentication not working properly

Posted Sep 19, 2013 04:05 PM

That (sorta) did the trick. Adding call-station-id was a little different in server 2012, but I got it. Works like a dream. Thank you so much.