Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

MAC binding on IAP

This thread has been viewed 7 times
  • 1.  MAC binding on IAP

Posted Nov 28, 2016 09:57 PM
    Hi guys,

may I ask if IAP 205 supports MAC binding? where in you have to declare the MAC add of a device to allow access w/o username password? i think its different on MAC authentication. any suggestions? TIA

#AirheadsMobile

• 2.  RE: MAC binding on IAP

• 3.  RE: MAC binding on IAP

Posted Feb 09, 2018 08:47 AM

Hi,

I have some query about mac binding.I have 6 IAP, but I want to one user can connect specifically nearest AP. is it possible to do this. if yes, how can I do this?

• 4.  RE: MAC binding on IAP

Posted Feb 12, 2018 07:11 AM

Hi Rahul,

enable ClientMatch on your IAP and it will do that job automatically.

• 5.  RE: MAC binding on IAP

Posted Nov 30, 2016 02:33 AM
    hi, tnx for the response, however client plans to export their MAC list/database from Cisco controller to Aruba so they can access w/o CP and replace their existing cisco APs with aruba for smooth migration.

#AirheadsMobile

• 6.  RE: MAC binding on IAP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 30, 2016 06:29 AM

How big is the mac database?  Managing mac address lists is typically a cumbersome process.  Have they though of just extending the timeout or going to a secure method that uses usernames and passwords where they don't have to maintain mac addresses?

• 7.  RE: MAC binding on IAP

Posted Nov 30, 2016 07:37 PM
    thanks for your response cjoseph.

at least 50 MAC addresses for demo purposes only as they want to test the capability of iap205 to handle user density with apprf and clientmatch. i will still offer 802.1x or clearpass for byod to them but for now i need to know if mac add binding is supported aside from mac auth.thanks

• 8.  RE: MAC binding on IAP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 30, 2016 07:39 PM

What is mac address binding?

• 9.  RE: MAC binding on IAP
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 02, 2016 01:13 AM

Hi cjoseph,

"MAC binding" was the term when  using MAC as authentication per devices on MSM Controller.

I already tested it on IAP under the term "MAC authentication" where you declare the MAC address of the device as the username and password.

in short, I already tested it successfully.

thank you very much :D