Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

MAC filter and RADIUS

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  MAC filter and RADIUS

Posted Oct 21, 2014 06:13 AM
      |   view attached

Hi,

I just got in to the Aruba AP's and I have setup a RADIUS server which works perfect to login with our company credentials. The only thing I want more is MAC fitlering. How can I setup this? I just want a list with the MAC addresses which can connect. There is an option "Perform MAC authentication before 802.1X" but where do I set the list? Or is there another method?

Name: Aruba Operating System Software

Type: 103

Build Time: 2014-05-29 18:21:55 PDT

Version: 6.4.0.2-4.1.0.0_44004

Thanks for your help.

• 2.  RE: MAC filter and RADIUS

Posted Oct 21, 2014 07:20 AM
    In your ssid security setup make sure to enable Mac authentication and then build your list using username/password = MAC address of the device

• 3.  RE: MAC filter and RADIUS

Posted Oct 21, 2014 07:49 AM

Hello,

Thanks for the reply. I added this but now he asks me a network security key. I tried with the MAC address, the shared secret, ... but none works. Before that I just had to enter my domain loginname and password. I added the user and password (MAC address) under "Users for Internal Server). Is this correct?

Thanks!

• 4.  RE: MAC filter and RADIUS

Posted Oct 21, 2014 08:14 AM
    Your SSID should be configure to be open authentication
    Your Initial role should be a denyall and define the Mac Auth default role you want your users to get

• 5.  RE: MAC filter and RADIUS

Posted Oct 21, 2014 10:22 AM

Hello,

Thanks but then I can't use RADIUS anymore, it only connects on MAC authentication then. We want both, either on MAC and with RADIUS. This to avoid that someone uses his domain credentials to put a computer in our network which is not ours.

Or is this possible to add the MAC address to our external RADIUS server in the NPS?

Thanks!

• 6.  RE: MAC filter and RADIUS
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 21, 2014 10:24 AM

My apologies.

So what you are trying to do is use Mac auth and 802.1X ? 

• 7.  RE: MAC filter and RADIUS
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 22, 2014 04:07 AM

Hi,

Yes, but I found it out through another way:

I added the Calling station ID to the RADIUS network policy and it works. I separate the MAC addresses with a pipeline.

The MAC addresses have to be in XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX format and not xxxxxxxxxxxx like a lot of people suggest on Google.

Thanks for the help!