Controllerless Networks

Occasional Contributor II

Manual blacklist not working on IAP-105

I'm running a cluster of IAP-105s using what I believe is currently the latest firmware (6.2.1.0-3.3.0.0_38115).

I have a misbehaving device somwhere in the building, and I'm trying to lock it out by manually blacklisting its MAC address in the "Blacklisting" tab of the "Security" settings.  Adding the MAC address of the offending device seems to have no effect -- I continue to see it reconnect to the network and send packets.

Is there anything non-obvious about setting up manual blacklist entries?

Re: Manual blacklist not working on IAP-105

I have attached a screenshot of the steps which im you probably already did , also have you tried blacklisting another device ? But i think you should probably open a TAC case
Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Engineer @ Integration Partners
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA
Occasional Contributor I

I'm running 6.3.1.2-4.0.0.4_42384 and have the same issue.  Tested it out and see the device drop its wifi then connect up again.  Blacklisting is not working as the device is still connected and can surf.

Guru Elite

Can you see if it is listed in the blacklist http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/Instant_40_WebHelp/InstantWebHelp.htm#UG_files/Authentication/ManualBlacklist.htm%3FTocPath%3DAuthentication%7CBlacklisting%20Clients%7C_____1

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Contributor II

Have you also enabled blacklisting from within the security level of the SSID?

Regards

Mike 

Occasional Contributor I

Just back from holidays and looked into the config.  I found that Blacklist was *not* enabled in the SSID.  Set it up, rebooted the AP's and things are working as advertised.  Thanks for you help on this.  Would be nice to have a note in the Manual Blacklisting window to the user to "Ensure Blacklist is enabled in the SSID config" or an indication of the Blacklist state.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: