Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Max number of IAP105 and end user devices?

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Max number of IAP105 and end user devices?

Posted Sep 15, 2015 11:31 AM

Greetings,

I am looking through some old internal documentation and have found a section which states that there can be no more that 64 access points per site with a maximum of 1024 devices connected.

This may have come from us using 650 controllers with AP105s historically.  We have since upgraded to IAP105s controlled by an Airwave platform.

Ignoring bandwidth limitations, does this still apply with the IAP 105?  While I cannot envisage exceeding 64 IAPs on a single site / VC, there may be a requirement to have more that 1024 end user devices, albeit not all connected at the same time, but may associate with the guest SSID.

If these limitations are still valid, what happens when device number 1025 attempts to connect?

TIA

Gordie

• 2.  RE: Max number of IAP105 and end user devices?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 15, 2015 11:39 AM

Please post the documentation.  It does not seem familiar.

• 3.  RE: Max number of IAP105 and end user devices?
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 15, 2015 12:07 PM
    Cluster Limits for all platforms except IAP9x:
    APs = 128
    Clients = 2048
    These are not hard set limits

• 4.  RE: Max number of IAP105 and end user devices?

Posted Sep 16, 2015 04:01 AM
    Thanks Victor. I have a couple of questions. 1. What happens if the cluster limit (either APs or clients) is breached? Is it simply that they will fail to connect? 2. Where did you find this information? Just so I can find it myself in the future should I need it again. TIA G

• 5.  RE: Max number of IAP105 and end user devices?
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 24, 2015 10:44 AM

1) it will keep working, it just isn't advised

2) around there, not sure if there is an official document, these are loose guidelines mainly.

• 6.  RE: Max number of IAP105 and end user devices?

Posted Oct 26, 2015 05:28 AM
    Thank you all for the replies