Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Maximum Capacity Reached?

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Maximum Capacity Reached?

Posted Oct 27, 2015 09:57 AM

So I'm getting the alert that on several AP's (IAP-225's running firmware 6.3.1.8) in my cluster that the maximum capactiy has been reached. But I've only got between 8 and 12 clients associated to those AP's/SSID. I double checked and the max capacity on the SSID is the default of 64. Anybody have an idea why I'd be getting that message with so few clients connected?

I've upped the limit to 200, just to see if it would help. So far it seems to be, at least I've stopped getting that message.

I've heard from a couple teachers that the students have the been on and off the wireless all morning and when one gets booted, another can connect. That makes sense if we were actually hitting the limit, but we're nowhere near it!

Anybody have any advice?

Thanks

Bryan

#AP225

• 2.  RE: Maximum Capacity Reached?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 27, 2015 10:19 AM

Screenshot?

• 3.  RE: Maximum Capacity Reached?

Posted Oct 27, 2015 11:12 AM

Since I've changed the limit to 200, I've not seen it again. I've set it back to 64 to see if it shows up again. I didn't think to take a screen shot of it while it was happening.

Bryan

• 4.  RE: Maximum Capacity Reached?

Posted Oct 27, 2015 12:07 PM

OK, so after setting the limit back down to 64, I was able to catch a couple of times it's happened. The Commons is the cafeteria and I've seen that one hit the 64 limit before, but when that happened, the virtual controller reported 64 clients connected.

Room 133's AP is saying only 6 clients are connected, but there's a ton of "max clients" messages.

Bryan

• 5.  RE: Maximum Capacity Reached?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 27, 2015 12:10 PM
    What is the transmit power on that access point? Do you have laptop carts or mobile carts that could cause that number to shoot up?

• 6.  RE: Maximum Capacity Reached?

Posted Oct 27, 2015 12:47 PM

How do I get that for a particular AP in an instant cluster? The transmit levels for the cluster are set from 12 min to 15 max through the RF/ARM settings.

• 7.  RE: Maximum Capacity Reached?

Posted Oct 27, 2015 12:50 PM

And the answer to your other question is we have a 1:1 program that's new this year, so it's possible (espeically in the Commons) that there could be a spike above 64 clients. I'm not sure about having more clients in room 133 and it's a few rooms away from the Commons, so I don't think it would be seeing spill-over.

Bryan