Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Mesh Links with IAP

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Mesh Links with IAP

Posted Nov 24, 2014 05:48 PM

I'm a bit rusty with my Aruba skills and as far as Instant goes my experience has been limited to a single IAP-225 with cloud for my home office but I'm looking to expand out coverage from my office to my whole house. Currently I have multiple networks running across multiple APs all made by multiple vendors for different purposes. Basically, I used whatever I could get my hands on to fit a need.

I'm adding a workbench in my garage for all the hardware tinkering I do and while my computer can get a (barely) usable connection, nothing smaller can so I want to fill the gap. As I said, I have an IAP-225 and am looking for something small to connect back if possible and seeing as I rent, running a cable isn't my first choice. On top of that, adding the capability to put a switch on the garage side of the connection would work even better for some of the projects I work on that would require it.

Is meshing supported in IAP? If so, is it universal across all the access points or only specific models? If not, what would I need to get there?

#AP225

• 2.  RE: Mesh Links with IAP
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 24, 2014 06:59 PM

Mesh is supported on dual band IAPs unfortunately its not yet supported on 802.11ac APs 

• 3.  RE: Mesh Links with IAP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 08, 2015 02:01 PM

Instant 6.4.3.1-4.2 is now available in Early Deployment with mesh support.

https://support.arubanetworks.com/DownloadSoftware/tabid/75/DMXModule/510/EntryId/18363/Default.aspx