Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Multiple Wireless controller load balance on WAN deployment

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Multiple Wireless controller load balance on WAN deployment

Posted Aug 03, 2016 11:00 PM

Hi All,

Can you advise if this is possble. also if there are Aruba/HPe documentation link that you can show me for this inquiry.

Basically Client have HQ and multiple branch sites all over. While they have a HA wireless controller on there HQ only. The plan is to register close to hundred branches APs to the controller on HQ via MPLS.

Though the MPLS looks ok for the traffic. I am thinking of we could place secondary(or 3) Wireless controller on other branch site so that not all AP will register on same location (metigating possible bottle neck) that way that all AP will have to connect to single controller. this way AP will be loadbalance to multiple wireless controller near its geographic location. While the Wireless controllers will talk between each other. providing failover as well. What do you call this deployment? Also will there be a need for a aruba cloud central on this scenario?

Your advise pls

Thank you

• 2.  RE: Multiple Wireless controller load balance on WAN deployment

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 04, 2016 02:28 PM
    Where does the client data traffic need to go?

• 3.  RE: Multiple Wireless controller load balance on WAN deployment

Posted Aug 04, 2016 10:18 PM

Hi Frank, trafic will be a combination of local branch internet connection and part VPN to the HQ site for server access. So all site will still need to have data access to HQ

• 4.  RE: Multiple Wireless controller load balance on WAN deployment

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 05, 2016 04:02 AM

I think we need a diagram to understand what you are talking about.  What you mentioned can be interpreted a number of ways.  You are talking about a number of different technologies and it might be helpful if you get some design help from someone who knows your network.

• 5.  RE: Multiple Wireless controller load balance on WAN deployment

Posted Nov 16, 2017 01:05 PM

Actually I am also implementing a distributed deployment and I am looking for documentation or examples. In my case, each AP will be in one branch, one controller in the main site and the other in the alternate site. Redundancy for the Client is vital.

Each site has two data links and the connectivity between the LANs is given through GRE over IPsec tunnels, in addition to dynamic routing (OSPF)

• 6.  RE: Multiple Wireless controller load balance on WAN deployment

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 16, 2017 11:51 PM

Is the client traffic tunneled back to the controller or is it bridged locally to the site?