Controllerless Networks

Occasional Contributor I

Need to connect Aruba IAP 105 to Wireless 3G dongle via wireless Uplink feature

If I need to connect my IAP-105 to a wireless 3G dongle through aruba's wireless " UPLINK " feature.Someone please assist me for the same.

MVP

Re: Need to connect Aruba IAP 105 to Wireless 3G dongle via wireless Uplink feature

Is there a USB port on your IAP105???
Cheers
James

-------------------------------------------------------
-------------------@whereisjrw-------------------
------------------------blog-------------------------
ACCX #540 | ACMX #353 | ACDX #216
-----------Mobility First Expert #11----------

If a reply adequately addresses your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Occasional Contributor I

Re: Need to connect Aruba IAP 105 to Wireless 3G dongle via wireless Uplink feature

No there isn't any USB port on the IAP

Guru Elite

You need a USB port to plug a 3g or 4g dongle into the AP.  That model does not have a USB port.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

MVP

Here's the guide on how to do this.

Note the first line in the guide "Environment : Any IAP with USB port - IAP-3, IAP-108/109, IAP-115, IAP-155".

Your AP is not supported as it doesn't have  USB port.

Cheers
James

If a reply adequately addresses your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Occasional Contributor I

So do you mean to say if there is no USB port in my Aruba IAp-105 then it won;t support that feature of uplink??So why is that feature given in this model.

Guru Elite

[ Edited ]

You can uplink it to another wireless access point wirelessly, but you cannot put in a 3g or 4g modem..

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor I

Let me clear my question.

I need to connect my IAP-105 to an wireless SSID(having Internet) & this SSID is broadcasted via a 3G dongle.So now is it possible to connect my IAP to this 3G dongle-SSID and get the internet via connecting my laptop now to the IAP's SSID.

Occasional Contributor I

How do I do this where is that option can you jst help me out with the same

MVP

No, that is not supported.

I think you're asking if the IAP can form a mesh link with a different vendor. Unfortunately not.

Cheers
James

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: