Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

New APs not showing up under Device Management

This thread has been viewed 10 times
  • 1.  New APs not showing up under Device Management

Posted Jan 06, 2016 09:11 AM

Yesterday I registered an Aruba Central trial account. I added an existing two AP IAP cluster through the Device Management function and added it to a group and assigned 2 of the 5 trial licenses to the APs. Then I configured a new SSID and some settings and it all seems to work fine.

Then I connected two additional APs to the same subnet, after a few minutes they joined the cluster and I all four now seems to work fine and I can see all 4 APs in Aruba Central.

The problem is that the last 2 APs are not showing up under Device Management, I can only see the first 2 APs here. And when i try to add them manually by "Add Devices" I just get a "Failed to add device" error. They also don't show up so that I can add a subscription to them. Looking under Maintenance/Firmware shows that I have a Cluster with 4 APs, and all 4 APs also show up under Monitoring and Wireless Configuration/Access Points.

How do I get the missing 2 APs to show up under Device Management and allow me to assign a license?

• 2.  RE: New APs not showing up under Device Management

Posted Jan 11, 2016 03:23 AM

Well, I tried again this morning. And now I can add a device and I get "Device addition successful." Did this for the two missing APs, but they still don't show up under Device Management. I thought it might take a while, but it's been at least an hour and they are still not showing...

• 3.  RE: New APs not showing up under Device Management

Posted Feb 16, 2016 10:29 PM

Did you figure it out?  I am having the same issue.

• 4.  RE: New APs not showing up under Device Management

Posted Feb 17, 2016 12:58 AM

Nope, they showed up after a few more hours. Try rebooting the cluster and see if that helps. Adding additional APs after this has been more or less instant.

• 5.  RE: New APs not showing up under Device Management

Posted Feb 24, 2016 04:06 AM

mine one of 3 do not show up in management even after cluster restart, ap restart nor ap reload factory aso. several times. even after weeks now.

• 6.  RE: New APs not showing up under Device Management

Posted Jun 21, 2016 05:28 AM

Is this issue still there ? Are these IAP's in same vlan ?

Can you please share the screen shot  from monitoring and device management?