Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

New firmware seems to cause massive latency? IAP-135

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  New firmware seems to cause massive latency? IAP-135

Posted Sep 24, 2014 04:02 AM

IAP-135 system, 17 AP's.

All was fine, then we upgraded tothe latest firmware (6.4.0.3-4.1.0.2_45704) and now traffic is incredibly slow, pings seem OK to the virtual controller and beyond, but browsing the internet is now crippled! even browsing onto the VC interface from the wifi is the same.

Speedtest apps show maybe 1mbps download and 0 upload on a link which is much faster, and sometimes just doesn't complete.

Its almost like massive bandwidth limiting is taking place. 

Has anyone heard of any issues with this firmware ?

cheers

Dave

• 2.  RE: New firmware seems to cause massive latency? IAP-135

Posted Sep 24, 2014 08:49 AM

I had that version installed on a couple of IAP-135s and I didn't experience that issue.

But I suggested you check a couple of things:

- Check your RF environment to make sure that there isn't any source of interference , run some of these commands and it will give you an idea of what's going on 

2014-09-24 08_44_42-Instant.png

- Using the same wireless VLANs can you test on the wired switch and see if you experience the same behavior

- If any of those are the case then you should consider opening a TAC case or upgrade to the new version of Instant available 6.4.2.0-4.1.1.0_46028

• 3.  RE: New firmware seems to cause massive latency? IAP-135

Posted Sep 24, 2014 10:18 AM

Hi, Thanks for replying, 

There doesn't seem to be any RF interference as i am getting a good SNR at the client end, also its happening all over the building and its a massive building.

I will look at the History command just in case.

Wired is fine!

It seems to have happened after the firmware update.

I'll also try and get the latest Firmware.

thanks

Dave

• 4.  RE: New firmware seems to cause massive latency? IAP-135

Posted Sep 24, 2014 10:18 AM

P.S i am getting a case raised in parrellel to this thread but wanted to see if anyone else had seen this.