Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Newbie Q?: Where or How do you build the Database for MAC authentication in Instant Virtual Cont.

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Newbie Q?: Where or How do you build the Database for MAC authentication in Instant Virtual Cont.

Posted Apr 30, 2014 12:56 PM

Hi, Yesterday I deployed a couple of  IAPs. We have the need to let some industrial wireless equipment (data collection) to be allowed in to the wireless network. As one of the Authentications methods I what to use their MAC Address. I enable the function in the virtual controller but i have not been able to find where do you create list of appoved MAC Addresses.

Can someone point me to the rigth direction?

Thanks in advance

• 2.  RE: Newbie Q?: Where or How do you build the Database for MAC authentication in Instant Virtual Cont.
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 30, 2014 12:57 PM

This can be done using the internal DB.  Just enter the MAC as the User and password.

• 3.  RE: Newbie Q?: Where or How do you build the Database for MAC authentication in Instant Virtual Cont.
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 30, 2014 02:03 PM

Thank you Marcus!

I'll start testing that. Also this group of devices will push data to a specific server on a range of ports (10000-10050), on role base I select custom but only allows to add one port at the time. So do i need to create a rule for each port? or there is a way to insert a range?

• 4.  RE: Newbie Q?: Where or How do you build the Database for MAC authentication in Instant Virtual Cont.
    Best Answer

Posted May 02, 2014 03:58 PM

Use the CUSTOM service TCP and input the ports exactly as you wrote it in your message 10000-10050. That will do the trick.

• 5.  RE: Newbie Q?: Where or How do you build the Database for MAC authentication in Instant Virtual Cont.
    Best Answer

Posted May 02, 2014 05:11 PM
    Thanks a LOT!!!

This email may contain material that is confidential, privileged and/or attorney work product for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, reliance or distribution by others or forwarding without express permission is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete all copies.