Controllerless Networks

Occasional Contributor I

On IAP VC, can you change "called-station-id"

Is it possible to change/configure the "called-station-id" on a VC acting as radius dynamic proxy in newer releases ?

I see, in the IAP release 6.5.4 and when configure from Airwave that there are some options, but I´m not sure that this is what I´m looking for.

At VC config menu, System>General there is options for 

"Branch Name:" 

• None
  • Master AP Mac
  • Virtuall Control Name
  • Manual Input
Guru Elite

Re: On IAP VC, can you change "called-station-id"

The "called-station-ID" is typically the wireless mac address of the AP that the client is associating to, so that cannot be changed.  Would you want to change the FORMAT of the called-station-id?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor I

To my understanding "called-station-id" is by default, in Aruba IAP, the mac-address of the accesspoint acting as VC. 

The "calling-stations-id" is the mac-address of the supplicant, the enduser client equipment. So that is not what I want to change.

What I want to achive is, to get an info field back that indicates on which site/location/cluster the is authentication has been done, and some indentity that does not change if VC instance change to an other IAP.

Guru Elite

Are you saying that you want to make the called-station-id the name of the cluster?   I am not sure you can do that.  Please see the options here http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Controller-less-WLANs/How-to-configure-called-station-ID-and-Calling-station-ID-in-IAP/ta-p/292705 to see if any of these fit what you want to do.

The nas-ip-address, would be the ip address of the VC that the authentication comes from.  Would you be able to key off of that?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor I

Hmm, that was intresting  . . .

and could have been a way forward. But as long as I use Airwave for monitoring/configuration an IAP won't let me change any config in CLI. . .

but it refeer to version IAP version 4.2 even if this artical seem to updated this year . . could it be a hope any release after that, maybe ?!

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: