Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

On Instant OS with IAP 105's, is it possible to do a packet capture?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  On Instant OS with IAP 105's, is it possible to do a packet capture?

Posted Apr 03, 2015 04:39 PM

thanks for any help or suggestions.

I've found some documentation on packet captures using Wireshark but they don't seem to apply with our OS and IAP's.

The goal is to capture packets from a particular device  (an Intermec PB50 mobile printer) to help troubleshoot why it drops off the network. I tried Client Match and that didn't help - in fact it hurt the performance of some other wireless devices.

We are running 29 of the model 105 IAP's with software version 6.3.1.8-4.0.09_47220

Thank you.

• 2.  RE: On Instant OS with IAP 105's, is it possible to do a packet capture?

MVP GURU
    Posted Apr 04, 2015 02:04 PM

Yes, i have write a topic about how to use Packet capture on IAP with Wireshark on this forum !

• 3.  RE: On Instant OS with IAP 105's, is it possible to do a packet capture?

Posted Apr 06, 2015 09:27 AM
    Thank you for the reply. I would love to see that article, how do I find it on this web site? I did several searches and also checked through the list of all your posts, could not find it.

• 4.  RE: On Instant OS with IAP 105's, is it possible to do a packet capture?
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 06, 2015 09:29 AM
    I searched for "iap packet capture" and it was the first hit
    community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Aruba-Instant-Cloud-Wi-Fi/How-to-IAP-wireless-packet-capture/m-p/204001/highlight/true#M7411

• 5.  RE: On Instant OS with IAP 105's, is it possible to do a packet capture?

Posted Apr 06, 2015 09:32 AM
    Thanks, I saw that, but doesn't seem to do what we need. We want to capture the traffic from a specific device through the IAP. i'll try it again and see if it can be tweaked.

• 6.  RE: On Instant OS with IAP 105's, is it possible to do a packet capture?

Posted Apr 06, 2015 09:35 AM
    What do you want to capture?

You can filter the traffic you want on Wireshark.

• 7.  RE: On Instant OS with IAP 105's, is it possible to do a packet capture?

Posted Apr 09, 2015 11:51 AM
    Greetings, Thanks, through this and another article plus a web search for the proper software I was able to get it done. Needed to disable Anti Virus to perform the packet capture. Normally I would have thought of that first thing, but wasted some time trying to make things work. Good to have a community to support, everyone who responded helped me learn how to to this. Thank you all!! tha