Controllerless Networks

VS
Occasional Contributor I

On an IAP-275, which ethernet port (WAN or LAN) do I connect to my switch to use POE for power?

I have not yet deployed an IAP-275, but we are installing one for a customer.  In the installation guide, it states that "The WAN port supports 802.3at Power over Ethernet (PoE), accepting 48 VDC (nominal) as a standard defined Powered Device (PD) from a Power Sourcing Equipment (PSE) such as a PoE midspan injector."  Does this mean that ONLY the WAN port will accept POE+ and, therefore, I should plug the ethernet cable from my switch into the WAN port instead of the LAN port?

Guru Elite

Re: On an IAP-275, which ethernet port (WAN or LAN) do I connect to my switch to use POE for power?

Eth0

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
VS
Occasional Contributor I

Re: On an IAP-275, which ethernet port (WAN or LAN) do I connect to my switch to use POE for power?

Thanks for the speedy response. Is Eth0 labeled as such on the IAP-275? Our installers are currently mounting the hardware, so I don't physically have it to look at.
MVP

Here's a photo of the one on my lab-bench right now:

iAP275-photo.JPG

--Matthew

if I've helped, please give kudos
if I've provided a solution, please mark the solution so others can find it
VS
Occasional Contributor I

Outstanding. I could not find a good picture to reference. The installation doc only says "WAN" and "LAN". Many thanks to you and cappalli.
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Guys Does anyone know where I can get the installation guide for the iAP275? Thanks Mike
Guru Elite

Occasional Contributor II

Thanks!
New Contributor

If I connect WAN port to a switch with PoE,

Can i connect LAN port to any IP Camera (to power up the IP Camera) and transfer data from IP camera passing through 275 to the switch.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: