Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

One AP not auto joined!

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  One AP not auto joined!

Posted Dec 29, 2015 01:30 PM

Hi,

I have a D-Link switch with 7 AP's 105 attached to it. I created 4 different wireless networks, each with a different VLAN, ...  everything works fine here.

The D-Link switch is connected to a HP Procurve switch (on port 48, all the VLAN's I use for the wireless networks are tagged here). There is also one Aruba AP connected to port 46 of the HP switch. The same VLAN's are set as on port 48, but the AP is not showing up in the list with the other AP's, and I cannot access it. Seems it is not autojoining en take over the settings like the other AP's.

Anyone an idea why not?

Thanks.

• 2.  RE: One AP not auto joined!

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 29, 2015 01:35 PM

- Check to make sure the AP is getting an ip address, either by tracking the mac address in your DHCP server or looking at the AP's console using a console cable

- Make sure the IAP is getting on the same VLAN as the other IAPs

- Make sure the IAP can get to the internet, just in case it has to upgrade.

These are all IAPs, right?

• 3.  RE: One AP not auto joined!

Posted Jan 04, 2016 03:52 AM

It is working again. Thx.

• 4.  RE: One AP not auto joined!

Posted Jan 08, 2016 09:05 AM
    do you mind sharing what solved the problem so others can benefit from this post?

• 5.  RE: One AP not auto joined!

Posted Jan 09, 2016 05:57 AM

So I had one AP (an Instant 103) that was connected to a HP switch. That AP that did not work. All the other AP's (Instant 105) on the D-Link switch worked. I changed the AP, so an Instant 105 was connected to the HP switch and the AP 103 that dit not worked ,I connected to the D-Link and that solved it. Very strange, but now it works.