Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Operational Temperatures for IAP

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Operational Temperatures for IAP

Posted Feb 11, 2015 12:31 AM

Hi, I want to know if there is/are any model of IAP available that can function properly at lower temperatures like -40 degree celcius???

• 2.  RE: Operational Temperatures for IAP

Posted Feb 11, 2015 09:29 AM
    The AP-270 series bottom threshold is -40. http://www.arubanetworks.com/pdf/products/DS_AP270Series.pdf

• 3.  RE: Operational Temperatures for IAP

Posted Feb 12, 2015 12:24 AM

Hi Thank you very much for your reply.

As i see the datasheet for 270 series AP. Yes, it can withstand -40 to +65 degree celcius.

these seem to be outdoor AP. Can i use them in indoor environment. My requirement is to install the AP in a cold warehouse/store house operating/maintained at a temperature of -40.

I will use the AP in instant mode and that is well supported by this 270 series. Is there any lower model with operational temperature of -40 to +65?

Regrads,

Syed

• 4.  RE: Operational Temperatures for IAP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 12, 2015 06:33 AM
    Speak with your Aruba account team or partner. A new indoor AP will be released shortly that will meet your needs. 

• 5.  RE: Operational Temperatures for IAP

Posted Feb 26, 2015 01:55 AM

We had an application similar to this in a very large freezer in a food warehouse. The client didn't want to use outdoor APs. We installed a thin walled outdoor plastic enclosure, mounted it to the ceiling of the freezer, installed our IAP-105s and sealed them. We used 6 for this deployment and measured a very negligible drop in signal strength once the enclosures were sealed. The small amount of heat generated by the APs inside the enclosure have kept them happy for over 2 years in a very cold freezer. This is probably not recommend for everyone but the customer is happy and we haven't had a single service call.

Matt

Wireless Design & Installation, Knoxville, TN
    providewireless.com

• 6.  RE: Operational Temperatures for IAP

Posted Feb 27, 2015 04:15 AM

hi All,

you can use this kind of box

https://www.tessco.com/products/displayProductInfo.do?sku=570879&eventPage=1

his temperature range is

Environment Temp Range: -40 to 121 Deg F (-40 to 85 °C)

Regards,