Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

PPTP denied access

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  PPTP denied access

Posted Sep 26, 2012 07:39 AM

I finally changed to IAP and I found that the PPTP VPN access does not work while connected to the SSID that the IAP is broadcasting.

Any solution for this ?!

• 2.  RE: PPTP denied access

Posted Sep 27, 2012 12:06 PM

Is your SSID configure to use virtual controller assign IP or network assign IP address?

• 3.  RE: PPTP denied access

Posted Sep 27, 2012 12:14 PM

controller assign IP

• 4.  RE: PPTP denied access

Posted Sep 27, 2012 08:35 PM

It will works if you use network assigned IP address. The client will get the IP address from the router in your local LAN.

• 5.  RE: PPTP denied access

Posted Sep 28, 2012 08:17 AM

What is the use of having a Virtual controller then ... if I need to set up another computer/device to do DHCP on the network ?!

• 6.  RE: PPTP denied access

Posted Sep 28, 2012 06:14 PM

There are few protocols that are not NAT friendly, PPTP is one of them. Other newer VPN protocol such as IPSEC which is much more secure will works across NAT devices. The current version however does not support PPTP over NAT.

• 7.  RE: PPTP denied access

Posted Oct 03, 2012 06:02 PM

1. Are there any plans to be fixed in next versions of firmware?

2. Is there any link for a document to see special cases like this and recommended work workarounds and ETA on a permanent solution?!

• 8.  RE: PPTP denied access

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 03, 2012 09:26 PM

The limitation is that PPTP uses GRE which is not very friendly with NAT.  Even when it works, few border devices can actually pass more than one session.  Even if they can, it will not survive a Guest NAT + a NAT at your border firewall.  Ipsec performs better and does is much more nat-friendly.  This is with all devices.