Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Pinout serial for RAP-155P

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  Pinout serial for RAP-155P

Posted Jun 03, 2014 05:21 AM

does anyone know the pinout for the serial console cable for RAP-155P?

• 2.  RE: Pinout serial for RAP-155P
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 03, 2014 08:10 AM
    Unfortunately, you can't build your own cable as the adaptor is not passive. You need to order one from Aruba. Same goes for RAP-3WN, AP-103.

• 3.  RE: Pinout serial for RAP-155P

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 03, 2014 11:21 PM
      |   view attached

The part number for this cable is:

AP-CBL-SER

This is mentioned in the ordering guide but might not be very clear from the pricelist.

• 4.  RE: Pinout serial for RAP-155P

Posted Jul 07, 2014 10:35 AM

why this cant be build by oneself ? if you know what kind of adapter and pin-out then you can solder or ?

• 5.  RE: Pinout serial for RAP-155P

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 07, 2014 10:57 AM

@bg wrote:

why this cant be build by oneself ? if you know what kind of adapter and pin-out then you can solder or ?

"Unfortunately, you can't build your own cable as the adaptor is not passive"

• 6.  RE: Pinout serial for RAP-155P

Posted Jul 07, 2014 10:59 AM

ah it's active, ok so some electric/circuit is inside. ok good to know , sorry. well anyways price of 75dollars is quite annoying . well most of the time a reset is working fine with pin-button but i have one RAp155 now and would like to know why it's not booting and so i normally use console access to see whether ap-boot shows something

• 7.  RE: Pinout serial for RAP-155P

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 07, 2014 01:48 PM

The adapter cable converts between TTL signal levels (AP side) and RS232 signals (console side) and draws power from the AP.

While I agree the (list) price is high, it's definitely worthwhile to order one of these when deploying any of the APs that have this interface (RAP-3, RAP-155, AP-103, AP-103H, and more to come).

/Onno Harms

#RAP155

• 8.  RE: Pinout serial for RAP-155P

Posted Jul 07, 2014 02:18 PM

If you are a partner you can always get it with the super special discount of partner demo equipments :)

Cheers

Carlos

• 9.  RE: Pinout serial for RAP-155P

• 10.  RE: Pinout serial for RAP-155P

Posted Mar 07, 2017 11:38 AM

Hi...i am a new user here.In my case I can find the pins for the serial on the ap. My problem that I don't know what is the right orientation to connect the cable, because there is no sign on the pins what I can use for the right connection. By the way I tried to connect the with the two possible orientation but I can not see anything in the putty (serial, speed 9600). I am using Serial to USB converter because my laptop has no serial port but there is no problem with the normal RJ45 console ports, only with this special pin-based serial connection.So this is my question, what is the magic for the right connection?

one-stop pcb assembly services

• 11.  RE: Pinout serial for RAP-155P

Posted Mar 21, 2017 03:57 PM

Well if you did not have a TTL-adapter for 3.3v and instead tried with only a normal Serial RS232 (as is the standard for the RJ45 on Aruba, HP, Cisco and so on) you have more than likely fried the serial port on your AP unless Aruba did a really good job protecting it. The TTL used on the ap port is at 3.3v while normal RS232 operates at 15v.

• 12.  RE: Pinout serial for RAP-155P

Posted Aug 11, 2017 04:30 AM

The adapter cable converts between TTL signal levels (AP side) and RS232 signals (console side) and draws power from the AP.

NOD Electronics