Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Problems getting Airwave to send/receive updates.

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Problems getting Airwave to send/receive updates.

Posted Jul 21, 2015 12:46 PM

I seem to have a problem with getting Airwave 8.0.8.1 to send updates and retrieve information from a group of iAP-115 we have setup at a customer's location, off site.   I have been tasked with taking over from a previous tech and have basically been given very little info.  And I am new to Airwave as it is.  

Recently, whenever I make a change to the group in Instant Config in Airwave, the three green periods show next to the group name and then it goes to Mismatched and stays there until the next morning.   And then sometimes the updates have been sent and other times, they have not.

What network settings should I check, have checked, to make sure the information is set to flow freely?  

I know we have the external IPs of their virtual controller setup to allow access in our firewalls.  Not sure about there's, at the moment, what IPs/port they should have set to open.

All/any advice would be most appreciated. 

Thanks, 

Jason....

• 2.  RE: Problems getting Airwave to send/receive updates.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 22, 2015 07:44 PM

Those IAPs should only require port 443 (ssl) through your firewall.  If you are having more issues, you should open a TAC case so they can take a look at your setup.

• 3.  RE: Problems getting Airwave to send/receive updates.

Posted Jul 23, 2015 11:35 AM
    I see where ports 443 & 4343 need to be opened through a firewall in order to connect to the VC with a browser. Does Airwave use those same ports? And only those ports?

• 4.  RE: Problems getting Airwave to send/receive updates.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 23, 2015 12:55 PM

Only 443 between Airwave and the VC of the IAP.

• 5.  RE: Problems getting Airwave to send/receive updates.

Posted Jul 23, 2015 02:04 PM
    Okay, thanks. I was just off the phone with a tech responding to a Support Case I opened about this and he told me that the following ports need to be opened in the firewalls; 80, 443, 4343, & 53. Hence some of my confusion and questions. I have a test setup in the office with an external connection and just having the port 443 seems to be working well. I am trying that out at one other off site location now and am hoping that just having 443 open will indeed work. We have a few other customers that do not like opening ports, so the less required for this, the better. Especially if I don't have to use port 80.