Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Problems with Guest Authentification

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Problems with Guest Authentification

Posted Jun 07, 2016 05:01 AM
      |   view attached

Hi @ All,

we have an aruba controller with firmware 6.4.2.6-4.1.1.11_52666
    I created a new network as a guest Wifi.
    Everything works if there is no authentification type in there.
    If i choose internal - authentification or Internal - confirmed
    the site blocks every Content see below:
    https://securelogin.arubanetworks.com/swarm.cgi?opcode=cp_generate&orig_url=687474703a2f2f746573742e64652f

Does anybody know how to handle that problem, I´d like to use the Internal - Confirmed option, that the user can logon into the Wifi and just accept the condition terms - thats it.

Thanks and Regards
    Patrick

• 2.  RE: Problems with Guest Authentification

Posted Jun 07, 2016 08:05 AM
    Did u created any user? If Internal Server is selected as an authentication server, under Internal server, click the User link to add users for internal authentication. For more information about adding a user, see Configuring Users.

#AirheadsMobile

• 3.  RE: Problems with Guest Authentification

Posted Jun 07, 2016 08:17 AM

Thanks for replay.

Do I need to setup a server?

If I create at Authentificationserver a new field, i can shoose of RADIUS, LDAP, TACACS and CoA.

Sorry I do this the first time.

At the Users for internal Server I created a user. But I don´t know how to combine that.

Do i also need to configure the external captive Portal?

Really sorry for that.

Thanks in advance!

• 4.  RE: Problems with Guest Authentification

Posted Jun 07, 2016 11:48 AM

Hi,

1. If you are using Internal-Authenticated, then we need to have  a user account created in 

internal database or use external server.

Under Authentication server , if you use Internal server we just need to create ac account by clicking on

User opton

2. if you are using Internal-Acknowledged, then we do not need any kind of user account

3. If you choose External, then your captive portal page needs to be hosted on some kind of external web server.

Make sure the ACL's are correctly configured Under Access tab so that the user is not blocked.