Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

RAP-3WN with HUAWEI E367

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  RAP-3WN with HUAWEI E367

Posted Apr 10, 2013 08:49 AM

Hi all,

i'm trying to configure an IAP RAP-3WN with a USB modem HUAWEI E367... but without any result: the blue led always blink, but looking at the Instant "Home Page" I find that the UPLINK status is "PROBE"..

I think that the IAP recognize the USB modem, but it has some problem with the dial-in...

This device is listed inside the Interoperability Table of Aruba, so it should work.. in fact into the support menu I've found that IAP recognize it as 0x12d114cc..

I also tried to use it as remote AP of a controller... ... ...

I have not found any documentation that suggest me the right parameters to use: any ideas?

Thanks,

Nicola

• 2.  RE: RAP-3WN with HUAWEI E367

Posted Apr 30, 2013 10:18 PM

• 3.  RE: RAP-3WN with HUAWEI E367

Posted May 13, 2013 09:02 AM

Hi Ghodgins,

thanks for the reply.

yes, i've followed the link you sent me but i'm still not able to use this mobile USB modem with this RAP.
    At the moment i'm using E169, but I need to use the new one...
    ... have you got any other ideas?

Thanks...

Nicola

• 4.  RE: RAP-3WN with HUAWEI E367

Posted May 13, 2013 04:39 PM

What firmware are you on? 

• 5.  RE: RAP-3WN with HUAWEI E367

Posted Jul 15, 2013 03:43 AM

Hi,

i'm sorry for the delay....

At the moment i'm using "ArubaOS (MODEL: Aruba650), Version 6.3.0.0", so i need to try to configure it after if after this upgrade.

As soon has i've did it i'll post an update.

Nicola.

P.S.

I've now a new device to check: Huawei E587

• 6.  RE: RAP-3WN with HUAWEI E367

Posted May 26, 2014 04:09 AM
    Hi Guys, I'm trying to get an RAP3 working with a Huawei E367 dongle in the Country: Hungary on Telenor ( ISP name ) but seem to be having a problem with it. OS version 6.3.1.5 What do i have to type? TTY Decive Control Path TTY Device Data Path Device Identifier Thx Bye Zoltan

• 7.  RE: RAP-3WN with HUAWEI E367

Posted Aug 18, 2014 09:48 AM

did you ever solved this ? im about to solve the same and i think im missing only few parameters , here my parameters i found out for Huawei E173 :

usb_dev=0x12d11436
    usb_type=option (2)
    usb_user=netzclub
    usb_passwd=netzclub
    usb_dial=ATDT*99***1#
    usb_init=AT+CGDCONT=1,'IP','pinternet.interkom.de'
    usb-tty=ttyUSB0
    modeswitch=-v 0x12d1 -p 0x1436 -M 55534243123456780000000000000011062000000100000000000000000000

the APN you have to change on your own behalf, the user/passwd i kept empty i dont need this normally. pin is also disabled already for that SIMcard.

running IAP OS 4.1.0.1 on RAP3WN ,  for the moment mine is "status 3G/4G" and "probe" and blinking blue , lets see how things evolve ;-)

• 8.  RE: RAP-3WN with HUAWEI E367

Posted Aug 19, 2014 05:37 PM

HI BG,

no, .., i don't!

Tomorrow i'll try your settings and i'll give you a feedback.

Thank you for the support.

Nicola

• 9.  RE: RAP-3WN with HUAWEI E367

Posted Aug 20, 2014 03:17 AM

What we need to solve or clearify is the usage of the syntax here , for your Huawei you should have for sure another modeswitch command , also we need to know if we have to provide all parametersfor modeswitch , e.g.:

-v

-p

-V

-P

so from my understand the lower -v/-p is the vendorID and productID for the usb-massstorage , and by providing -V and -P you switch to "modem-usage" , i digged into several RAP/USB guides from aruba internal and some also here in forum write this with -V/-P and some without .

also would like to know my ISP for the simcard doesnt need user/pw , so is the IAP having a problem by keeping those fields empty?

another question is , do we have to use " or '  within the strings ? :

e.g. :

usb_init=AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","pinternet.interkom.de"

or better using ' instead of " ?

my simcard is already without pin protection so my huawei e5300 wifi router doesnt ask for pin while using this simcard so i want to use this simcard in usb-umts modem now for the IAP .

lets discuss so we can help ourselves..  ;-)

thanks!

ben