Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all
This thread has been viewed 8 times
  • 1.  Radius IAP

Posted Mar 19, 2014 11:41 AM

Hi 

I have 2 IAPs running 6.2.1.0-3.4.0.1_39461 and im trying to get user/pass to a radius server to work. When i have termination enabled i get a certificate warning but when after clicking accept to all warnings i can connect.

When setting termination as disabled no certificate warning occurs but i cant connect. 

independent if termination is enabled or disabled the configuration on the radius server is the same so it shouldnt matter if i disabled.

thanks

Carlos

• 2.  RE: Radius IAP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 19, 2014 11:47 AM

Can you delete the SSID profile on the client machine when you disable termination and try again?

• 3.  RE: Radius IAP

Posted Mar 19, 2014 11:53 AM

Yes, tried that

• 4.  RE: Radius IAP

Posted Mar 19, 2014 12:35 PM

Enable Radius Proxy and put an entry in your Radius server for the Client IP of the IAP VC.

• 5.  RE: Radius IAP

Posted Mar 19, 2014 05:32 PM

done that too. The wierd thing is that when enabling termination it works but diabling it and it stopps working

So all the config in the radius server is working, must be some IAP configuration that i miss

• 6.  RE: Radius IAP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 19, 2014 07:18 PM

I don't think you are missing anything in the IAP.  With termination disabled, the EAP session is terminated on the RADIUS server itself. The AP just passes this through really.  What do the logs say in your RADIUS server?

• 7.  RE: Radius IAP

Posted Mar 19, 2014 10:30 PM
    What radius server are you using? What EAP type are using?

• 8.  RE: Radius IAP

Posted Mar 20, 2014 05:11 AM

im only using MSCHAP, for user/pass authentication

Microsoft NPS server, the logs only show succesful connections not the ones that failed...

• 9.  RE: Radius IAP
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 20, 2014 09:35 AM
    I would verify that your NPS server is set for PEAP / MSCHAPv2. The other thing to try is on your client turn off the server cert validation and see if it works. There could be a cert issue on the NPS server. I have seen windows clients not auth if they are missing the cert CA on the client.

• 10.  RE: Radius IAP

Posted Mar 22, 2014 05:42 AM

thanks for your answer, will try that