Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Recently updated firmware (AP105) and users are reporting connectivity problems

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Recently updated firmware (AP105) and users are reporting connectivity problems

Posted Aug 04, 2014 12:36 PM

Last Wednesday we ran software update on our mesh network of AP105's.  We are now upgraded to 6.3.1.4-4.0.0.6_44126. 

A day after the upgrade people started complaining they were getting disconnected from wifi. It took me a little while to see this issue but it even happened to me. After being connected for about 10-15mins a user would drop all connections until you disconnected the network and reconnected (or recycled wifi card).  All of our laptops are running Intel Centrino 6200 and 6300 series cards. I have started upgrading drivers on some of the heavy wifi user’s notebooks and that has seemed to resolve most of our issues.

Has anyone run into this issue?  Is this a thing? Does this mean I’ll have to update everyone’s wifi drivers?  Is there something i could tweak on my AP105 configuration?  

Thank you very much for all the help! 

• 2.  RE: Recently updated firmware (AP105) and users are reporting connectivity problems

Posted Aug 04, 2014 01:08 PM

The drivers get updated for many reasons, some of them good.

We've found that the client hardware drivers have been to blame for 60 or so percent of our "Wireless Issues" while the Aruba software has been responsible for 20ish percent, and Unreasonable Expectations (tm) for the balance.

We generally lead all investigations now with "Are the software and hardware onthe client current?" question, FOLLOWED by the "What changed in the environment?" etc.

• 3.  RE: Recently updated firmware (AP105) and users are reporting connectivity problems

Posted Aug 04, 2014 02:12 PM

I havent noticed its mostly with Win8.1 machines - havent had a complaint yet from a win7 user.  I have begun updating people on demand. Would downgrading back to the previous verisons of the firmware fix my issue? I doubt it would do much other than run all our IAPs in an older version of software. Has anyone tried that?  

• 4.  RE: Recently updated firmware (AP105) and users are reporting connectivity problems

Posted Aug 11, 2014 08:57 PM

I am having a similar issue since upgrading to 6.3.1.4-4.0.0.6_44126.  I phone 5's on IOS 7.1.2 (LATEST) are dropping out regularly, its so bad that you cannot complete skype or facetime calls!

Also brother printers that were on WiFi do the same and I have hard wired them to Ethernet to get working.

Any ideas Aruba? 

• 5.  RE: Recently updated firmware (AP105) and users are reporting connectivity problems

Posted Aug 12, 2014 11:33 AM

Our connectivity was so bad last week I had to call into support, they told me there were some known problems with the firmware and had me upgrade to 6.3.1.8-4.0.0.7_44641. All issues have  been resolved. 

I hope it helps! 

• 6.  RE: Recently updated firmware (AP105) and users are reporting connectivity problems

Posted Aug 12, 2014 12:08 PM

@plarsen wrote:

Our connectivity was so bad last week I had to call into support, they told me there were some known problems with the firmware and had me upgrade to 6.3.1.8-4.0.0.7_44641. All issues have  been resolved. 

I hope it helps! 

Thank Plarsen, I am awaiting access to the downloads section of support as for some reason my partner edge logon does not let me get to the downloads. I believe there is now an even newer AOS: 6.4.0.3_4.1.0

The thing that is annoying it that this was a upgrade via the IAP-105 Web GUI 'Check for Update' option and it will not go to any newer version than: 6.3.1.4-4.0.0.6_44126 

Twice on 2 separate sites the Aruba IAP update feature has introduced errors on Wi-Fi, I dont think I will ever use the function again!

• 7.  RE: Recently updated firmware (AP105) and users are reporting connectivity problems

Posted Sep 26, 2014 11:30 AM

Didn't fix my issues.  I have the issue after upgrading our ap105's to 6.3.1.8-4.0.0.7_44641.  Just had a macbook air lose connectivity today and yesterday our wireless printer.  

• 8.  RE: Recently updated firmware (AP105) and users are reporting connectivity problems

Posted Sep 26, 2014 11:35 AM

id you try AOS: 6.4.0.3_4.1.0 ?

• 9.  RE: Recently updated firmware (AP105) and users are reporting connectivity problems

Posted Sep 26, 2014 11:38 AM

The firmware I posted was the latest one the AP found, just searched again and says I am on the latest.  I tried searching on Aruba site and there is no easy way to find any of the firmware updates online, pretty ridiculous.  If you have a link let me know.

• 10.  RE: Recently updated firmware (AP105) and users are reporting connectivity problems

Posted Sep 26, 2014 11:52 AM

I had to get our Aruba distributor to email it to me, I cant seem to upload it here as an attachment. So send me your email address and I will forward it to you.

• 11.  RE: Recently updated firmware (AP105) and users are reporting connectivity problems

Posted Sep 26, 2014 12:50 PM

thanks!

• 12.  RE: Recently updated firmware (AP105) and users are reporting connectivity problems

Posted Sep 26, 2014 01:20 PM

OK sent.

• 13.  RE: Recently updated firmware (AP105) and users are reporting connectivity problems

Posted Nov 04, 2014 12:30 PM
      |   view attached

We have some Arubas AP105 with firmware 6.2.1.0-3.4.0.3_40346, checking an update, was shown 6.3.1.8-4.0.0.7_44641 there something more current? Would it be possible to send me a link for me to download?

• 14.  RE: Recently updated firmware (AP105) and users are reporting connectivity problems

Posted Nov 04, 2014 12:31 PM

The current version is 6.4.2.0-4.1.1.0.  You can download a copy from the TAC site; however, it does require a support contract.

• 15.  RE: Recently updated firmware (AP105) and users are reporting connectivity problems

Posted Nov 04, 2014 12:36 PM

I Understand, is not possible I has a copy the another location ?