Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Reconnect to IAP-225 sometimes requires a reboot of the AP

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Reconnect to IAP-225 sometimes requires a reboot of the AP

Posted Feb 03, 2016 05:20 PM

Hi all

I have two IAP-225. They are configured with VLANs and has a virtual management IP. The "about" page says: 6.4.2.6-4.1.1.11_52666 And the config says: version 6.4.2.0-4.1.1. I have several SSIDs. One of them use EAP-TLS. 

Everything work flawlessly except for a few USB dongles that have serious problems. The SSID they connect to is a std WPA2, no filtering or any strange configs. The SSID uses all bands.

A couple of times a week these dongles simply stops working (i.e cannot connect when they boot). Rebooting the client device wont work. The client says "wifi assocciation" failure. Going into the Aruba IAP gui and delete the client in the gui and try to reconnect the client wont help. The ONLY thing that seems to work is to reboot the APs. Then these particual clients automatically starts to work again. These client devices are linux based.

Any clues of how to track this problem down would be very much appreciated

Thanks in advance

/Peo

• 2.  RE: Reconnect to IAP-225 sometimes requires a reboot of the AP

Posted Feb 07, 2016 04:43 PM

usually the first step would be to make sure you got the latest drivers. then make sure you have the latest Aruba Instant firmware.

finally you can go the TAC route.

• 3.  RE: Reconnect to IAP-225 sometimes requires a reboot of the AP

Posted Feb 07, 2016 05:01 PM

Hi and thanks for answering

As a reboot of the client wont help, but an IAP-225 reboot does, then we can probably conclude that it is not a client driver issue but most likely an Instant firmware issue.

It is like the AP refuses the client to connect. But I cannot find any trace of existing client state caches or so in the GUI or through the terminal. But after an AP reboot everything works perfect. Then the client can connect again , reboot etc and all is good. But "just like that" (can be a week or more) the client can no longer connect, and a client reboot wont help either... After trying everything without luck, an AP reboot solves everything.

Is there a later IAP-225 firmware than the one I have? At least there is no later firmware to be found in the GUI when checking.

/Per-Olov

• 4.  RE: Reconnect to IAP-225 sometimes requires a reboot of the AP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 07, 2016 05:59 PM

Which wifi adapter is this and what version of firmware?

You would typically see the activity from a client by typing "show ap debug auth-trace-buf" or "show ap debug mgmt-frames" to see the management traffic going back and forth:  http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/Instant_41_WebHelp/InstantWebHelp.htm#CLI_commands/show_ap_debug_mgmt_frame.htm?Highlight=show ap debug

• 5.  RE: Reconnect to IAP-225 sometimes requires a reboot of the AP

Posted Feb 08, 2016 03:23 AM

Hi

I will check the adapter firmware and also check the traffic in the AP with the commands you just mentioned and get back.

Thanks

Peo