Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Remote manage IAP

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Remote manage IAP

Posted Jan 09, 2018 02:51 PM

Hi,

I have a pair of IAP's in a Virtual controller configuration at a remote site. I seem to remember that there was an option to allow access to the webui from remote networks that needed to be checked to access it. I can't seem to find it, does anyone know where this is? For example My remote site AP is 192.168.1.5/24 , I have a WAN connection to my corp net 192.168.10.0/24 and I need to access it from the main office.

Thanks

John

• 2.  RE: Remote manage IAP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 09, 2018 03:44 PM

It honestly should just work if you attempt to web into any of the IAPs.

• 3.  RE: Remote manage IAP

Posted Jan 10, 2018 08:35 AM
    Ok, Here's the odd part. If I attempt to connect to the master virtual controller I get the basic error connecting error message. If attempt to connect to the 2cd access point in the cluster in Internet Explorer I get the SSL cert error and when I select continue it then times out after redirecting to the Master virtual controllers address.

At the site, it does work fine. I do remember there was a check box to allow access to the mgmt. UI from remote networks. I forget what exactly it said, it was on the older version of code for the IAP-105. I see now there's a management access on the firewall portion that by default is empty. Do you know if it allows all networks by default?

Thanks

John Trumbell
    Network Engineer
    IT Infrastructure Services
    519.759.4150 ext. 5556
    519.750.0749 Fax
    519-757-2672 Mobile
    JTrumbell@brantford.ca
    [cid:image001.png@01D0513F.DF81CE40]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and may contain privileged information. Any rights to confidentiality and privilege have not been waived. You must not present this message to another party without the permission of the sender. If you are not the intended recipient you must not copy, distribute or use this email or the information contained in it for any purpose other than to notify us. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately, and delete this email from your system. We do not guarantee that this material is free from viruses or any other defects although due care has been taken to minimize the risk. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of The Corporation of the City of Brantford.

• 4.  RE: Remote manage IAP

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Jan 10, 2018 09:39 AM

If you wish to restrict access to the GUI for certain subnets, you can find this under Security -> Inbound Firewall -> Management and Corporate Access configuration.

By default this will have no entries and allow all networks.

• 5.  RE: Remote manage IAP

Posted Jan 10, 2018 01:34 PM

Thanks for confirming what I suspected. I guess I'll need to look into why I'm unable to connect to the Master Virtual Controller. If I ssh to the 2 devices I can connect to ap2 but not ap1(Master) both are on the same subenet.  I'm going to double check the IP settings to make sure they're correct.