Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Route lookup failure

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Route lookup failure

Posted Oct 07, 2016 05:30 AM

I am having a look through the tech support files on an Instant and noticed the follwoing heading under the show datapath statistics -

"Frames dropped due to final IP route lookup failure"

the setup her eis quite simple with all routes off the subnet going to the DG so how come there are frames getting dropped here?

• 2.  RE: Route lookup failure

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 07, 2016 06:46 AM

I have a single IAP doing nothing and that number is 75.  That counter might not mean what you think.

• 3.  RE: Route lookup failure

Posted Oct 07, 2016 07:02 AM

Hmmm, is there any documentation available where I can lookup the explanation for these things?

• 4.  RE: Route lookup failure

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 07, 2016 07:08 AM

For now, there is nothing that explains that.  If you want you can request it using the link here:  https://arubanetworkskb.secure.force.com/cp/ideas/ideaList.apexp

• 5.  RE: Route lookup failure
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 07, 2016 07:14 AM

For that specific parameter, it is simply when the ip address of a device is not in the ARP table.  Just like any other routing device, it will drop traffic to that device until it responds to an ARP request and it is installed into the table...