Controllerless Networks

Frequent Contributor II

Route lookup failure

I am having a look through the tech support files on an Instant and noticed the follwoing heading under the show datapath statistics -

"Frames dropped due to final IP route lookup failure"

the setup her eis quite simple with all routes off the subnet going to the DG so how come there are frames getting dropped here?

Guru Elite

Re: Route lookup failure

I have a single IAP doing nothing and that number is 75.  That counter might not mean what you think.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Frequent Contributor II

Hmmm, is there any documentation available where I can lookup the explanation for these things?

Guru Elite

For now, there is nothing that explains that.  If you want you can request it using the link here:  https://arubanetworkskb.secure.force.com/cp/ideas/ideaList.apexp

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Guru Elite

[ Edited ]

For that specific parameter, it is simply when the ip address of a device is not in the ARP table.  Just like any other routing device, it will drop traffic to that device until it responds to an ARP request and it is installed into the table...  

Colin Joseph

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: