Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all
This thread has been viewed 20 times
  • 1.  SEEL-iAP

Posted Feb 19, 2015 06:04 PM
      |   view attached

Hello,

Would there be any reason why by default under "System" , "Airwave" I would have a predefined configuration such as:

Organization: SEEL-IAP

Airwave Server: 63.80.98.49

Shared Key: **********

I have done a "clear configuration" and rebooted the IAP and this setting comes back. I manually remove it. It only comes back when the IAP is rebooted. 

IAP Version: 4.1.1.1 (it was 4.1.1.2 and I rolled it back)

I have not dont a "factory_reset" in the CLI yet. 

Thanks,

Rick

• 2.  RE: SEEL-iAP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 19, 2015 06:05 PM
    Is this a new IAP?

• 3.  RE: SEEL-iAP

Posted Feb 19, 2015 06:13 PM
    It is a IAP-115. I noticed this when I initially changed the config to hit my Airwave server. I was able to see it come up in Airwave. Once I turned it to ?manage? mode it the IAP has to reboot when then comes to this problem so my Airwave sees the AP as being down. Then I found out why. I completely took it off the network and rebooted it again and clear the config and the same thing.

The weird thing is if you actually insert that IP address into a browser it brings you to a Airwave server login and whats more weird is that its an IP address coming from Sunnyvale, CA.

Its a little scary because this whole time my IAP was in ?monitor? mode on someone else?s Airwave. I knew I was connected because at the bottom it said ?Airwave: Connected?

Thanks,
    Rick

• 4.  RE: SEEL-iAP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 19, 2015 06:14 PM
    Where did you get this IAP?

• 5.  RE: SEEL-iAP

Posted Feb 19, 2015 06:17 PM
    I won it at a Aruba conference sometime last year. It came with a 1-month free Aruba cloud trial but I never used it. Why?

• 6.  RE: SEEL-iAP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 19, 2015 06:19 PM
    It is likely registered incorrectly in Aruba Activate. Please open a TAC
    case or contact your Aruba SE.

• 7.  RE: SEEL-iAP
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 23, 2015 04:46 PM

Late to the show, but just wanted to add that SEEL is demo lab in Aruba HQ.  It's possible that your AP came from a collection that was early on provisioned to be used with that setup and then the extra APs were never cleaned out of the system.  Tim had it right in guessing that it's a possible Aruba Activate profile that's populating that AP.  Support maintains the Aruba Activate site.