Controllerless Networks

Regular Contributor I

SLB-mode

What are the operational details of the "channel and radio based" mode - there is no explanation in the guides of how this mode operates.

Guru Elite

Re: SLB-mode

This feature, Spectrum Load Balancing is supposed to

- Group access points into "Neighborhoods"

- Load Balance Clients among those groupings either by radio or number of clients.

Spectrum Load Balancing has been replaced by Client Match in Instant 4.2.x.x

Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Regular Contributor I

Thanks for the information cjoseph.

Contributor II

Well, on 6.4.4.8-4.2.4.3 (ED) these commands are still present.

And this is what interests me.

We can configure a ClientMatch client threshold which is a 'Number of clients associated to each radio before the SLB algorithm kicks in' with default 30 clients per radio.

arm
   client-match client-thresh {threshold}

and then we have possibility to configure SLB mode, under Client-Match commands in ARM profile

client-match slb-mode {1:Channel based; 2:Radio based; 3:Channel+Radio}

Are those (SLB) settings not used for client load-balancing by ClientMatch feature on Instant?

Guru Elite

Spectrum Load Balancing is an integrated configuraton component of Client Match.  In the past, it was separate.

Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Contributor II

Ok, thanks.

So is:

arm
   client-match client-thresh {threshold}

the same setting as CM threshold in GUI?

cm.png

Sorry to be such a pain in the ... but just want to be sure, because descriptions for both suggest these two configure different things.

For example:

For CLI: When the number of clients on a radio exceeds the value, SLB algorithm will be triggered.

For GUI: acceptance client count difference among all the channels of Client match into account.

Guru Elite

So, there are some ARM ClientMatch tuning parameters that can only be changed in the CLI (7 of them), instead of the GUI on Instant .  You will find those additional commands along with the descriptions in the CLI Guide here:  https://support.arubanetworks.com/Documentation/tabid/77/DMXModule/512/Command/Core_Download/Default.aspx?EntryId=22480 starting on page 39.

EDIT:  To directly answer your question, the "CM Threshold" in the GUI corresponds to the "calc-threshold" commandline parameter.

The GUI of the controller also ONLY has a few CM commands in the GUI (with the rest being on the commandline).

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: