Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Setup for Instant as the DHCP Server

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Setup for Instant as the DHCP Server

Posted Jan 27, 2013 07:50 AM

I am setting up an Instant 105 for personal use. I am currently getting DHCP from a Netgear Router. How do I configure the Instant to be the DHCP Server? What options/issues will I have and will it manage my Wired clients as well? The 105 is connected to a POE switch as well as the other desktops. 

• 2.  RE: Setup for Instant as the DHCP Server

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 27, 2013 08:06 AM

That would be settings> Advanced

dhcp.png

• 3.  RE: Setup for Instant as the DHCP Server

Posted Jan 27, 2013 09:30 AM

Your setup may not require it, but for others who may read this:   you can setup additional scopes if necessary for other VLANs on the VPN tab under Settings (not the VPN link from the main page).   The use guide discusses the details of these settings, including the various types.

iap-dhcp.jpg

• 4.  RE: Setup for Instant as the DHCP Server

Posted Mar 19, 2013 10:12 PM

The VPN based example given has conflicting instructions.  The image provided IS under the VPN link.  I can't find a VLANs tab under settings or advanced settings, only under the VPN link.  Also, based on the UG, it appears that only the local option would possibly work (if at all) since the others are described as only supporting VPN links to controllers that are not being used in most cases with an IAP that's not being converted.  Please clarify.

• 5.  RE: Setup for Instant as the DHCP Server

Posted Apr 30, 2013 12:22 AM

Hi Just set up a dhcp scope for my guest vlan . Found the instructions a little missleading click on the vpn link and then DHCP server.

dose not look to be many dchp options however.

• 6.  RE: Setup for Instant as the DHCP Server

Posted Jan 27, 2013 01:51 PM

Domain Name  the IP address of the Virtual server?

DNS Server?

Mask?

• 7.  RE: Setup for Instant as the DHCP Server

Posted Jan 29, 2013 07:51 AM

you are configuring the network, that would be up to you.