Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Simple DHCP Range Setup

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Simple DHCP Range Setup

Posted Mar 23, 2016 01:32 PM

S/W - 6.4.2.6-4.1.1.11_52666

Aruba IAP 105

We have this AP setup on a public internet switch. The access is working just fine however all participants are pulling 169.x.x.x IP addresses. I've read thru the Admin Guide for the past 2 hours & I don't see how to setup a simple DHCP range. The AP is sitting on a public IP address (/25).

Is a simple DHCP range possible? We are not using any VLAN or VPN. I've done this before at trade shows & the IAP hands out a public IP address without much work. I looked thru thru guide & tried configuring DHCP scopes but nothing seem to work.

Any ideas on this one? 

• 2.  RE: Simple DHCP Range Setup
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 25, 2016 12:26 PM

In the WLAN creation dialog, check the button for IP Address assignment - VC Controller managed

Then in the "More" menu, there's a DHCP configuration dialog.

Without knowing more about your specific needs, I can't make a meaningful suggestion about which bits to fill in there, but I can direct you to the Users Guide which has a pretty good explanation for the various options.

• 3.  RE: Simple DHCP Range Setup

Posted Mar 25, 2016 12:33 PM

Having said that, here's my guess at a good setup:

dhcp-L2.png

Local - meaning this iAP-VC is the server

L2 - meaning that the gateway is some other deivce (not the iAP)

Excluded address - this one was odd to me, but think of it as a flag. The DHCP server will exclude the smaller set of IP addresses left or right of the flag on the IP-address number line. In this case .1-.5 wil lbe excluded.

• 4.  RE: Simple DHCP Range Setup

Posted Mar 25, 2016 01:06 PM

My apologies on being so generic. I was able to DHCP running by using this setting -- "VC Controller Managed". Thanks for the info!