Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Slow and unresponsive web GUI on IAP-103

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Slow and unresponsive web GUI on IAP-103

Posted Oct 29, 2015 12:23 PM

Hello All,

We recently purchased a number of IAP-103 for our wireless deployment.

Currently I have a single IAP-103 configured with a static IP address of 192.168.1.11 and the virtual controller IP as 192.168.1.10,  the uplink VLAN is set to 10 (as this is our mangement VLAN).

I have 2 SSIDs, "Staff" on VLAN 100 and "Guest" on VLAN 200.  The switch port that the IAP is connected to is configured as a trunk.

interface gigabitethernet1/24
    description "WiFi dot1Q"
    switchport trunk allowed vlan add 10,100,200

When I connect to either the .10 or .11 address to access the IAP settings the page takes a long time to load and is very unresponsive.  I have tried 3 different browsers and upgraded to the latest firmware (version 6.4.2.6-4.1.1.10)

Does anyone have any sugesstions?

• 2.  RE: Slow and unresponsive web GUI on IAP-103

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 03, 2015 06:44 PM

Do you have the tech support from that access point?

• 3.  RE: Slow and unresponsive web GUI on IAP-103

Posted Nov 09, 2015 01:06 PM

Hi All,

Finally got to the bottom of this.

It turns out that the IAP doesn't like to be on a trunk port where the native VLAN is anything other than VLAN1, regardless of what you set the uplink VLAN to in the Aruba VC.

As soon as I re-configured our switches from default VLAN 99 to VLAN 1 the Aruba GUI came back to life even though uplink VLAN is still set to VLAN 10.