Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Some Questions of IAP225

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Some Questions of IAP225

Posted Nov 19, 2014 12:21 PM

1.- For this ap's, I need to connect the 2 rj45 ports to the switch or only one?

2.- How can I import a MAC addres list? and how can I use two different list of macs, for example one for one ssid and another for the 2nd ssid? In instant

3.- How can I identify one AP, for example, i wan't to identify the AP with MAC 00:00:00:00:00, does instant have any options, like turn all leds on, or turn all leds of, or blink all leds for 5 minutes, or similar?

4.- Does this ap's are capable for the 2nd wave of 802.11ac? with other brand of ap's the support told me that the 2nd wave are only a software update, not a new ap.

Thanks.

• 2.  RE: Some Questions of IAP225

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 19, 2014 12:36 PM

1.  Only one- e0

2. http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/Instant_41_WebHelp/InstantWebHelp.htm#UG_files/Authentication/MAC_Authentication.htm

3. http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/Instant_41_WebHelp/InstantWebHelp.htm#UG_files/GeneralConfTasks/Adv_conf_tasks/Configuring LEDStatus_.htm

4.  IAP225 are not 802.11ac wave 2 capable.  Full support of Wave 2 will require an upgrade on both the hardware and software side, in addition to hardware and software on your clients.  If a manufacturer tells you that their devices are wave 2 capable, ask them what chipset they use to find out if it is capable, and ask for a link to the chipset vendor saying so.  With that being said, there will probably be early wave 2 AP hardware, but the challenge is to also have wave 2 clients to take advantage of it..

• 3.  RE: Some Questions of IAP225

Posted Nov 20, 2014 06:41 AM

2.- I know how to use mac access list, but i wan't to know how can I import a list of mac address, and how can I use different lists, for different ssids.

• 4.  RE: Some Questions of IAP225

Posted Nov 24, 2014 02:55 PM

There is only one internal server database.  You would need an external RADIUS to use multiple databases.  

• 5.  RE: Some Questions of IAP225

Posted Nov 20, 2014 06:44 AM

and for 3.-, I wan't to identify one AP, for example for config Zones, If I only can see the MAC address at instant, how can I identify where is this AP in my installation?

• 6.  RE: Some Questions of IAP225

Posted Nov 24, 2014 02:56 PM

It is a best practice to document your AP locations by MAC/hostname so you will know where these access points are physically located.  

• 7.  RE: Some Questions of IAP225

Posted Nov 25, 2014 02:41 AM

Ok, thanks for the info.