Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Standalone IAP-225 rebooting after any WLAN profile change

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Standalone IAP-225 rebooting after any WLAN profile change

Posted Feb 26, 2014 12:35 PM

Hi,

I´ve 20 IAP225 configured as Standalone because I can´t have more than 16 SSID distributed by the 20 APs.

But in standalone mode any change in the a WLAN profile cause a reboot on the AP. Is this normal?

And if I try to delete a WLAN SSID profile the AP reboots after I click on the x, and doesn't remove it.

Can anyone help me?

• 2.  RE: Standalone IAP-225 rebooting after any WLAN profile change

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 26, 2014 02:08 PM

Are you running the latest firmware?  Check the support site.  Also, why do you need that many SSIDs...that will absolutely kill your RF.

• 3.  RE: Standalone IAP-225 rebooting after any WLAN profile change

Posted Feb 26, 2014 02:50 PM

The SSIDs are for a Science and Technology park that incubates startups and hosts business innovation centers.

All the startups have a virtual network (VLANs and SSIDs) on a shared network infrastructure.

In practice if I could associate a SSID just to one IAP the maximum SSIDs on a single AP would be 7.

That’s the reason I´ve the IAP on a standalone mode. But I have strange behaviors, like clients complaining that after one or two hours of wifi connectivity they lose it and take some minutes to connect again.

Last hour I was checking arm parameters and channels changings when I found out that the ntp wasn´t configured. When I configure NTP I figure out that I need to reboot the AP to the system time be updated :smileysad:, is this a feature or some bug?

After synchronize the clocks I´ll investigate the logs , as I think that I´ve to change some arm parameters, because of interference or the prefer bands options are not working well.

They running 6.3.1.1-4.0.0.1 software version

--------------------------

Aruba Operating System Software.

ArubaOS (MODEL: 225), Version 6.3.1.1-4.0.0.1

Copyright (c) 2002-2013, Aruba Networks, Inc.

Compiled on 2013-11-26 at 13:57:54 PST (build 41049) by p4build

• 4.  RE: Standalone IAP-225 rebooting after any WLAN profile change

Posted Feb 26, 2014 03:01 PM

You might also try v.4.0.0.4.  There were some client connectivity issues that were resolved between 4.0.0.1 and 4.0.0.4 on the IAP-225.   Not guaranteeing anything though.  Ultimately a TAC case may be needed for debugging

• 5.  RE: Standalone IAP-225 rebooting after any WLAN profile change

Posted Feb 26, 2014 06:29 PM
    The reboot does not sound normal. Can you see the reboot reason in ?show version??