Controllerless Networks

New Contributor

Standalone IAP-225 rebooting after any WLAN profile change

Hi,

I´ve 20 IAP225 configured as Standalone because I can´t have more than 16 SSID distributed by the 20 APs.

But in standalone mode any change in the a WLAN profile cause a reboot on the AP. Is this normal?

And if I try to delete a WLAN SSID profile the AP reboots after I click on the x, and doesn't remove it.

Can anyone help me?

Re: Standalone IAP-225 rebooting after any WLAN profile change

Are you running the latest firmware?  Check the support site.  Also, why do you need that many SSIDs...that will absolutely kill your RF.

Seth R. Fiermonti
Consulting Systems Engineer - ACCX, ACDX, ACMX
Email: seth@hpe.com
-----
If you found my post helpful, please give kudos
New Contributor

The SSIDs are for a Science and Technology park that incubates startups and hosts business innovation centers.

All the startups have a virtual network (VLANs and SSIDs) on a shared network infrastructure.

In practice if I could associate a SSID just to one IAP the maximum SSIDs on a single AP would be 7.

That’s the reason I´ve the IAP on a standalone mode. But I have strange behaviors, like clients complaining that after one or two hours of wifi connectivity they lose it and take some minutes to connect again.

Last hour I was checking arm parameters and channels changings when I found out that the ntp wasn´t configured. When I configure NTP I figure out that I need to reboot the AP to the system time be updated :smileysad:, is this a feature or some bug?

After synchronize the clocks I´ll investigate the logs , as I think that I´ve to change some arm parameters, because of interference or the prefer bands options are not working well.

They running 6.3.1.1-4.0.0.1 software version

--------------------------

Aruba Operating System Software.

ArubaOS (MODEL: 225), Version 6.3.1.1-4.0.0.1

Copyright (c) 2002-2013, Aruba Networks, Inc.

Compiled on 2013-11-26 at 13:57:54 PST (build 41049) by p4build

You might also try v.4.0.0.4.  There were some client connectivity issues that were resolved between 4.0.0.1 and 4.0.0.4 on the IAP-225.   Not guaranteeing anything though.  Ultimately a TAC case may be needed for debugging

Aruba Employee

Re: Standalone AP-225 rebooting after nay WLAN profile change

The reboot does not sound normal. Can you see the reboot reason in ?show version??
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: