Controllerless Networks

Contributor I

Threshold column

Can someone please explain what the "Threshold" column in the 'show ap client-view' table refers to?

I'm struggling to find any info on this.

Thanks

Paul

Frequent Contributor I

Re: Threshold column

Found this(look at the "Table 3"): http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/Instant_40_Mobile/Advanced/Content/UG_files/ARM/Configuring_ARM-Features.htm

"Specify a value for CM threshold. This number takes acceptance client count difference among all the channels of Client match into account. When the client load on an AP reaches or exceeds the threshold in comparison, client match is enabled on that AP.

You can specify a value within range of 1-20. The default value is 2"

HTH

Kevin

Contributor I

Hi Kevin, thanks for your reply. I think we are talking about different things. 

You are talking about 'Client Match Threshold', where I am querying the description for the 'Threshold' column in the table that is displayed when you run the 'show ap client-view' command.

I've attached a screenshot of an example of the table.

Thanks

Paul

Frequent Contributor I

Yes, I saw that as well. Not sure what it could be thugh

Another guess: it may be ClientMatch client threshold which is a 'Number of clients associated to each radio before the SLB algorithm kicks in'. Default value: 30 clients per radio

I wonder if someone from Aruba could help with this

Kevin

Frequent Contributor I

Confirmed, the threshold column you talk about is actually the CM SLB Client Threshold I talked about in my previous post. I just changed this parameter in an Instant Cluster and then the threshold column changed to the same value

Kevin

Contributor I

That's very strange. In my cluster the CM Threshold is set to 5. Whereas, when I run the 'show ap client-view' the 'Threshold' value is showing as 30 for all IAPs except for one which is 255. This was the reason I posted this question. I wanted to see why one of my IAPs would be showing as 255 when the rest are set to 30.

Thanks

Paul

Frequent Contributor I

Yes. Indeed, I was saying the CM SLB threshold (not the CM threshold). I looged in my IAP cluster and could see that all of them had the same value (which is 30 by default)

Kevn

Contributor I

See attachment regarding last post.

Frequent Contributor I

I actually meant another parameter. 

Here I attach a screenshot of show arm config and show ap client-view

Contributor I

Excellent, thank you Kevin. I can see what you mean now. I was looking in RF > ARM in the VC/Instant GUI, instead of in the ARM config in the CLI.

Would you have any idea of why there are a few radios with a threshold of 255 rather than the default of 30, which is set in my arm config? - See attachment.

Thanks

Paul

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: