Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Turn up TX on IAP

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Turn up TX on IAP

Posted May 22, 2017 02:25 PM

I have increased the TX settigns on my IAPs (dual band). Im looking to turn the power up to cover more distance and run some tests. However, the power TX settings in the GUI always seem to stay the same no matter what manual power settings I configure. What am I doing wrong? 

• 2.  RE: Turn up TX on IAP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 22, 2017 02:34 PM
    Screenshot of the parameter you changed please..

• 3.  RE: Turn up TX on IAP

Posted May 22, 2017 02:41 PM
      |   view attached

I've set the RF Radios to 27min - max on the radio managment. 

That doesnt work so I set the actual power limits on the IAP itself, which should over ride ARM. 

In the GUI it shows the APs at powe 21-22, never going above that power setting even after the changes I've made. 

• 4.  RE: Turn up TX on IAP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 22, 2017 03:40 PM
    Depending on the channel and regulatory domain, 21 or 22 is the most that AP is allowed to transmit.

• 5.  RE: Turn up TX on IAP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 22, 2017 09:25 PM

Please use the "show ap allowed-max-EIRP" command to determine what those limits are for your regulatory domain on the AP that you are using;

http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/Instant_423_WebHelp/InstantWebHelp.htm#CLI_commands/show ap allowed_max_EIRP.htm?Highlight=allowed

• 6.  RE: Turn up TX on IAP

Posted May 23, 2017 12:09 AM
      |   view attached

Ive attached the output of those commands. I have 105 and 135 clustered. The 105 has the lower power settings and could that be impacting the power settings of the 135 whihc has higher power levels? 

• 7.  RE: Turn up TX on IAP

Posted May 23, 2017 12:09 AM

Ive attached the output of those commands. I have 105 and 135 clustered. The 105 has the lower power settings and could that be impacting the power settings of the 135 whihc has higher power levels?