Controllerless Networks

Contributor II

Turn up TX on IAP

I have increased the TX settigns on my IAPs (dual band). Im looking to turn the power up to cover more distance and run some tests. However, the power TX settings in the GUI always seem to stay the same no matter what manual power settings I configure. What am I doing wrong? 

Guru Elite

Re: Turn up TX on IAP

Screenshot of the parameter you changed please..

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Contributor II

I've set the RF Radios to 27min - max on the radio managment. 

That doesnt work so I set the actual power limits on the IAP itself, which should over ride ARM. 

In the GUI it shows the APs at powe 21-22, never going above that power setting even after the changes I've made. 

Guru Elite

Depending on the channel and regulatory domain, 21 or 22 is the most that AP is allowed to transmit.

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Guru Elite

Please use the "show ap allowed-max-EIRP" command to determine what those limits are for your regulatory domain on the AP that you are using;

http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/Instant_423_WebHelp/InstantWebHelp.htm#CLI_commands/show ap allowed_max_EIRP.htm?Highlight=allowed

Colin Joseph

Contributor II

Ive attached the output of those commands. I have 105 and 135 clustered. The 105 has the lower power settings and could that be impacting the power settings of the 135 whihc has higher power levels? 

Contributor II

Ive attached the output of those commands. I have 105 and 135 clustered. The 105 has the lower power settings and could that be impacting the power settings of the 135 whihc has higher power levels? 

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: