Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Two IAP-205 with different settings: which settings will be overwritten?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Two IAP-205 with different settings: which settings will be overwritten?

Posted Mar 06, 2015 10:35 AM

Hello,

I'm just starting out with Aruba Wi-Fi and got a question regarding automatic provisioning of Access Points.

I have two IAP-205, I have connected them and set up all the settings that I need, on Instant config panel.

Then I powered on just one of them, AP2, and changed the settings.

If now I connect both of them to the network and power on, which settings will be used for the Wi-Fi? Old ones (from AP1) or new ones (from AP2)?

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: Two IAP-205 with different settings: which settings will be overwritten?

Posted Mar 06, 2015 10:49 AM

If AP2 stays up after you made that change then when AP1 comes up the new changes will be pushed to the AP1 from AP2 

• 3.  RE: Two IAP-205 with different settings: which settings will be overwritten?

Posted Mar 06, 2015 11:22 AM

Alright, thank you!

And I guess if I turn them on at the same time, the random configuration will be kept..

• 4.  RE: Two IAP-205 with different settings: which settings will be overwritten?

Posted Mar 06, 2015 11:25 AM

At that point it will depend on each IAP came up faster and that will determine which one becomes the master

• 5.  RE: Two IAP-205 with different settings: which settings will be overwritten?

Posted Mar 06, 2015 11:32 AM

Great, got it!