Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all
This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Two question

Posted Apr 28, 2014 03:51 PM

Hello I have two question for you,

1- How much one IAP can have the client connected simultaneous? One client want 1 IAP for 100 users.

2- Is possible with IAP to block web site on one SSID et give all access to web site on other SSID?

• 2.  RE: Two question

Posted Apr 28, 2014 07:34 PM

@rgodin wrote:

Hello I have two question for you,

1- How much one IAP can have the client connected simultaneous? One client want 1 IAP for 100 users.

2- Is possible with IAP to block web site on one SSID et give all access to web site on other SSID?

1. Each IAP can accept up to 256 clients total.  By default this is set to 64 concurrent clients per radio.  How many clients can be simultaneously really becomes a question of what you expect performance-wise.   As wireless is half-duplex the more users the longer everyone has to wait to access the medium.

2. We will be introducing a new web-content filtering feature in IAP 4.1 in April-ish timeframe that allows filtering by site or category and can be configured on a per SSID basis.   We are also introducing a version of AppRF, similar to what is on the controllers, in 4.1; however, it will not be available on the older IAPs such as the IAP-9x, IAP-10x, IAP-13x, and RAP-3.

• 3.  RE: Two question

Posted Apr 29, 2014 08:27 AM

1- 100 simultaneously client and I want put only 1 IAP for this section. The best for this section is to add one more IAP? For my advice 30 client with one IAP is a good range?

2- If I buy some IAP 115, now, can you tell me if my IAP have this option? With a controler can filtering web site?

• 4.  RE: Two question

Posted Apr 29, 2014 09:29 AM

@rgodin wrote:

1- 100 simultaneously client and I want put only 1 IAP for this section. The best for this section is to add one more IAP? For my advice 30 client with one IAP is a good range?

2- If I buy some IAP 115, now, can you tell me if my IAP have this option? With a controler can filtering web site?

1. Again, this depends on your application.  If the wireless clients will be doing something requiring a lot of bandwidth then you will want more APs.   If low bandwidth you might be able to get by with one AP.

2. The IAP-115 supports our original method of web-filtering using OpenDNS to filter by application ( http://www.opendns.com/ ).  Please also download a copy of the IAP 4.0 User's Guide from the Support site for a complete description.   When IAP v.4.1 is released we will offer filtering natively inside the IAP plus AppRF similar to our controller-based solution.( http://www.arubanetworks.com/resources/apprf/ )

• 5.  RE: Two question

Posted Apr 29, 2014 10:39 AM

1- Ok thank you, is only for web and email. Can I use some calcule to know what bandwith I need?

2- Thank you.

• 6.  RE: Two question
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 29, 2014 12:18 PM

For capacity planning guidance take a look at the High Density VRD at http://www.arubanetworks.com/wp-content/uploads/DG_HighDensity_VRD.pdf