Controllerless Networks

Contributor I

Updating Firmware on an IAP cluster with different models

Hello everybody, hope everyones finished their christmas shopping,

We have an IAP cluster with 3 IAP105s and 1 IAP114, I need to update the firmware to add some IAP205s we plan on purchasing,

When i click the check for new version, it says no response from server,

I would like to do a manual update, I already have the firmwares i want to upload, but am not sure how to do this, i know when its a cluster of similar models, i could upload a firmware image easily,

I see there are two fields for URLs to do upgrades, are these something i need to setup on our local network, or are there URLs i can point it to in the cloud to upgrade them,

Re: Updating Firmware on an IAP cluster with different models

What you should do before you connect your IAP205s is upgrade your current cluster to support an IAP OS of 6.4.1.0 and up

2014-12-15 11_15_47-www.arubanetworks.com_pdf_products_DS_AP200Series.pdf.png

Then before connecting the 205s to the same VLAN/L2 Segment upgrade those manually to the same code as your 105s and 114s and finally add the 205s to the cluster

http://www.arubanetworks.com/pdf/products/DS_AP200Series.pdf 

Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Engineer @ Integration Partners
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA
Contributor I

Hey Victor, thanks for your response,

I am unsure the process of upgrading our current 105\114 cluster, i see that there are some URL fields on the firmware tab, are there Aruba sites i can put in to update to the specific firmware i want?

Do you have airwave ?

Thank you

Victor Fabian
Contributor I

We do not, only IAPs

ed
Contributor I

I would think you could update the firmware but leave the "box" unchecked where it says reboot after upgrade.  I would think you could do this to each model and then reboot the entire cluster after you have successfully updated the firmware on each model.  I haven't tried this and maybe someone from Aruba could indicate if this would work.

What version are you running on your current cluster?
Thank you

Victor Fabian
ed
Contributor I

Hey, as another thought possibly you could telnet into each AP and update manually using CLI.  I would think this may be an option if you only had a few different models cause you may not want to do this for too many.  Just another thought and maybe someone from Aruba could give some insight on this possiblity too.

Contributor I

Thanks so much for your help Victor,

Our current cluster is version 6.3.1.2-4.0.0.4_42384

Is there a reason that the Check for New Version says "Received no response from server"?

We have another cluster on a different VLAN that has 3 IAP105s and 1 IAP205 and it can pick up automatic upgrades just fine,

'No response from update server', could be either that that subnet cannot reach the internet, or it cannot resolve the address.

If my post is helpful please give kudos, or mark as solved if it answers your post.

ACCP, ACMP, ACMX #294
mclarke@arubanetworks.com
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: