Controllerless Networks

Occasional Contributor I

Upgrade Path: 6.4.2.0 to 6.5.2.0

Are there any issues jumping from 6.4.2.0-4.1.1.0_45444 to current release 6.5.2.0? They are all 205's. I haven't seen any red flags, but it's always good to check before bricking a couple floors of wireless access for a large number of attorneys. 

Guru Elite

Re: Upgrade Path: 6.4.2.0 to 6.5.2.0

I would go ahead and read all of the release notes between your current code to the one you want to upgrade to...  Many, Many changes have been made...

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Guru Elite

Also, as a practice, I would not do a major upgrade to a .0 release.  .0 releases typically have features added, so the likelihood for either an issue or a behavior change is increased.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor I

I'll dial it back to 6.4.4.8 then. Thanks!

Occasional Contributor II

Hi Mate, 

Did you ended up doing the upgrade. I am planning to do the same , moving from 6.4.2.6 to 6.4.4.15 ( as advise by Aruba TAC) . 

the only difference is I have 200 controllers and 1150 access points to do. 

If you have upgraded.., did you have any issue in terms of connectivity/user performance. 

Thanks in advance to everyone ... as always.. 

Occasional Contributor I

The upgrade went very smooth and took less than an hour for all of them. Yours sounds a little more intense, but I would expect it to go well, too.

Not a lot in the way of new features for my implementation, but I haven't had to even think about these AP's until you replied to this, so that's something in the way of stability.

Occasional Contributor II

Thanks Mate for replying to my message, 

Yes, you are right. My client is very very political and data sensitive . 

I have to think twice before i make any change

HendricksDave wrote:

The upgrade went very smooth and took less than an hour for all of them. Yours sounds a little more intense, but I would expect it to go well, too.

Not a lot in the way of new features for my implementation, but I haven't had to even think about these AP's until you replied to this, so that's something in the way of stability.

e. 

Thanks Again, 

Cheers,

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: