Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Upgrade firmware on IAP 225 through virtual controller

This thread has been viewed 14 times
  • 1.  Upgrade firmware on IAP 225 through virtual controller

Posted Feb 09, 2015 10:32 AM

When trying to check for firmware updates on the IAP 225 virtual controller I get a "received no response from server" error.  Any idea how I can fix this?  

#AP225

• 2.  RE: Upgrade firmware on IAP 225 through virtual controller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 09, 2015 10:33 AM
    Do your IAPs have access to the internet?

If not, you can download the software image from support.arubanetworks.com

• 3.  RE: Upgrade firmware on IAP 225 through virtual controller

Posted Feb 09, 2015 10:43 AM

Thank you for the reply.  Yes, the AP's do have internet access.  I was able to update them this way once, but now I am trying to check to see if there is another upgrade, but I am getting that error.  I will check out the support site for the software image.

• 4.  RE: Upgrade firmware on IAP 225 through virtual controller

Posted Feb 16, 2015 09:38 PM

I experienced the same problem. The IAP 225 stated that a firmware upgrade was available. Performed upgrade to 6.3.1.8-4.0.0.8_46401. After reboot I checked to see if there were additional upgrades available and receive the error "received no response from the server"

Connection to the internet works fine.

• 5.  RE: Upgrade firmware on IAP 225 through virtual controller

Posted Feb 20, 2015 04:35 AM

salindquist you might get the same message but your situation can be quite different, so my advise is create a new thread provide full info: AP types, network setup, firmware version, other details, ...

i would try it again a while later, might be a internet or auruba server hickup.

i tried it on version 4.1.1.2, 4.0.0.8 and 4.0.0.9 on a IAP-105 (so different AP and different firmware) and it worked fine with all, got either the upgrade message or no new firmware available.