Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Upgrading IAP-215 Firmware

This thread has been viewed 38 times
  • 1.  Upgrading IAP-215 Firmware

Posted Oct 04, 2016 10:36 AM

Hello all!  

Trying to upgrade the firmware on a IAP-215 configured in standalone mode and is connected to a PC via ethernet (cat 5e) using the CLI.  Is it possible to (as an example), have the firmware I would like to use on a thumb drive and insert it into the PC, and then run the following command:

<upgrade-image ftp://media/usbdisk/ArubaInstant_Centaurus_X.X.X.X-X.X.X.X_XXXXX> ?

Or do I have to host the firmware on an actual FTP/TFTP server or URL?

If I host on an FTP server, how should I be inputing the username and  password?  IAP-215 is in standalone mode and connected to PC.  PC is connected to FTP server (wired or wireless), FTP server has a required username and password.

Example:

<upgrade-image ftp://user@ipAddr/directory1/directory2/X.X.X.X-X.X.X.X_XXXXX>  ?

Or is there some other syntax that I should be using?

• 2.  RE: Upgrading IAP-215 Firmware

Posted Oct 07, 2016 12:19 PM

Any thoughts or inputs on this?

• 3.  RE: Upgrading IAP-215 Firmware

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 07, 2016 12:20 PM

Can you use the GUI of the AP?  It is much easier and it allows you to just browse to the firmware...

• 4.  RE: Upgrading IAP-215 Firmware

Posted Oct 13, 2016 11:40 AM

GUI is definitely doable, was just curious of there was a similar option via CLI.

For us we have to validate specific FW for use (process requirements unfortunately) so can't just point to the Aruba image server.  Would love to just be able to update new APs (or FW upgrades after a new version is validated) using a CLI script instead of the UI.

The other option is hosting the FW on an FTP, HTTP, TFTP server, but it looks like the CLI command requires an anonymous server (user/password can't be specified as part of the URL it seems).

Regards,

zummarius

• 5.  RE: Upgrading IAP-215 Firmware
    Best Answer