Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Upgrading our IAP OS from 4.1.1.0 to 4.3.0.0

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Upgrading our IAP OS from 4.1.1.0 to 4.3.0.0

Posted Jan 10, 2018 09:53 AM

Hello there all,

I have done some digging, as we are moving from 214 and 215 IAPs to 314 and 315 APs. It seems that we will need to move our Instant Software from 4.1.1.0 to at least 4.3.0.0. Just to get a feel for how this process was going to work, I created a new group for testing. During the testing it was found that any new 3 series APs comes up as they shuold, pull all the info like they should, and work with no issues. If I move an existing site over to this group it errors out. The error is in regard to the software version not being correct. I have looked and looked (I am old and not to great with forums lol) and cannot find the process for getting the 2 series APs moved to at least 4.3.0.0. If anyone can provide any assitance with this let me know, as we have over 5k APs in quite a few groups to get moved over at some point.

• 2.  RE: Upgrading our IAP OS from 4.1.1.0 to 4.3.0.0

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 10, 2018 10:58 AM

Can we have a screenshot with the error, along with your exact steps?

• 3.  RE: Upgrading our IAP OS from 4.1.1.0 to 4.3.0.0

Posted Jan 10, 2018 11:18 AM
      |   view attached

I just moved a site over to the new group that has 4.3.0.0 set up on it. Attached is a screen snip of the error and the log at the same time. I assume the firmware for the APs needs to be upgraded for them to work, but the digging I have done has not confirmed that.

• 4.  RE: Upgrading our IAP OS from 4.1.1.0 to 4.3.0.0

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 10, 2018 11:22 AM

Yes.  You would need to upgrade first, because the template version in the 4.3.0.0 in the target group cannot evaluate the configuration of the devices on 4.1.1.0.

• 5.  RE: Upgrading our IAP OS from 4.1.1.0 to 4.3.0.0

Posted Jan 10, 2018 11:28 AM

OK. That is as simple as going to "Groups", then Selecting the Group I want to upgrade, then "Firmware", and select either "Update List of Image Versions" or use the "Firmware File Server" option (more then likely will be the file server option), get the firmware we need and apply it to the group. Provided all of that work and everything else goes well, do the same for the rest of the groups. Is this correct?

• 6.  RE: Upgrading our IAP OS from 4.1.1.0 to 4.3.0.0

Posted Jan 10, 2018 11:39 AM

Forgot to add this.

since 4.3.0.0 is not the newest and we plan to not use IAP-275s anymore and move to the 3 series outdoor APs as well. The best option for the upgrade of the Instant OS, should be to 6.5.3.4. This will solve us having to upgrade again when we start using the 3 series outdoor APs. Is that correct?