Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 16 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Uplink VLAN?

This thread has been viewed 14 times
  • 1.  Uplink VLAN?

Posted Feb 28, 2018 04:32 AM

Uplink VLANs in the documentation refer to tagging management frames only - but would this apply to other traffic as well?

We need to deploy an AP-203R for a residential internet connection, with a PPPoE uplink, which must be tagged with VLAN 10. Is this possible?

• 2.  RE: Uplink VLAN?

Posted Mar 05, 2018 04:35 PM

As far as i could research, PPoE should only allow untagged frames and not tagged frames. Is that not the case? Can you provide some proof to support your argument please.

• 3.  RE: Uplink VLAN?

Posted Mar 05, 2018 11:40 PM

In New Zealand most ISPs provision a GPON connection with a tagged UNI, which we establish a PPPoE session in :)

• 4.  RE: Uplink VLAN?

Posted Feb 26, 2020 11:49 AM

In Brazil, ISP provide a GPON connection with a marked UNI, in which we establish a PPPoE session with V-Lan 10 for internet, V-lan 20 for telephone and V-Lan 30 for television.

I will only use the internet, so I need to put the Iap-205H Up link in POE and V-Lam 10.

Any help is good.

• 5.  RE: Uplink VLAN?

Posted Apr 06, 2020 05:49 PM

Can anyone help with this problem?

• 6.  RE: Uplink VLAN?

Posted Apr 07, 2020 04:43 AM

Hi, 

This is an old thread. I recommend opening a new one and describing your issue in detail.