Controllerless Networks

Occasional Contributor II

Usage of IAP for foreign countries

I recognize that I am usable in both sides even if IAP lets you belong to a controller as standalone.
In addition, I recognize that I use JP Model when I use IAP in Japan.
When use IAP105 which is not Japanese-Domain-Model in the country of Japan; to a controller
Can you let you belong?
Do you not have any problem by the use of the electric wave?
If there is a person knowing, please tell me who it is.

Aruba

Re: Usage of IAP for foreign countries

If I understand your question, you are wondering if you can convert a non-JP IAP to a controller based AP and terminate on a controller in Japan; is this right?

When an IAP converts to a controller based AP, as part of the conversion it performs a regulatory check to verify there is a match between the IAP and physical conttroller.  This is mandatory for Aruba to maintain compliance with regulatory filings.

So, in summary.   An IAP-105 (unrestricted domain) can only be converted to a controller that is also set to unrestricted; not one that is set to US, IL, or JP.  This holds true for all other varations as well.

• IAP-105-US --> Convert to campus based AP on controller with US designation
  • IAP-105-JP -->  Convert to campus based AP on controller with JP designation
  • IAP-105-IL -->  Convert to campus based AP on controller with IL designation
  • IAP-105 -->  Convert to campus based AP on controller with unrestricted designation

------------------------------------------------
Systems Engineer, Northeast USA
ACCX | ACDX | ACMX

Occasional Contributor II

Re: Usage of IAP for foreign countries

Thank you for the communication of the answer to question.
It is very useful information.
When I purchased domain designation of IAP by mistake,
This AP understood that there was not the usage in the country of Japan.
I am very disappointed.

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: