Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Usage of IAP for foreign countries

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Usage of IAP for foreign countries

Posted Jan 15, 2014 02:56 AM

I recognize that I am usable in both sides even if IAP lets you belong to a controller as standalone.
    In addition, I recognize that I use JP Model when I use IAP in Japan.
    When use IAP105 which is not Japanese-Domain-Model in the country of Japan; to a controller
    Can you let you belong?
    Do you not have any problem by the use of the electric wave?
    If there is a person knowing, please tell me who it is.

• 2.  RE: Usage of IAP for foreign countries
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 15, 2014 07:37 AM

If I understand your question, you are wondering if you can convert a non-JP IAP to a controller based AP and terminate on a controller in Japan; is this right?

When an IAP converts to a controller based AP, as part of the conversion it performs a regulatory check to verify there is a match between the IAP and physical conttroller.  This is mandatory for Aruba to maintain compliance with regulatory filings.

So, in summary.   An IAP-105 (unrestricted domain) can only be converted to a controller that is also set to unrestricted; not one that is set to US, IL, or JP.  This holds true for all other varations as well.

• IAP-105-US --> Convert to campus based AP on controller with US designation
    • IAP-105-JP -->  Convert to campus based AP on controller with JP designation
    • IAP-105-IL -->  Convert to campus based AP on controller with IL designation
    • IAP-105 -->  Convert to campus based AP on controller with unrestricted designation

• 3.  RE: Usage of IAP for foreign countries

Posted Jan 16, 2014 01:34 AM

Thank you for the communication of the answer to question.
    It is very useful information.
    When I purchased domain designation of IAP by mistake,
    This AP understood that there was not the usage in the country of Japan.
    I am very disappointed.