Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Use a PSK with Cloud Guest portal

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Use a PSK with Cloud Guest portal

Posted Nov 04, 2015 09:43 AM

Hi,

I am using Aruba Central, and want to have a guest network which is authenticated using a PSK, and the Aruba Cloud Guest splash page, with cloud authenticated users.

Whenever I select "Cloud Guest" from the splash page type option, the ability to use a PSK disappears.

I can use an 'Internal Authenticated' option to achieve a splash screen, and a PSK, but the splash screen is the same as if I were to use just instant access points with no cloud option.

It looks as though this is by design, however I do not want every tom **bleep** and harry to be able to connect to my Guest WIFI network as it will exhaust my DHCP address scope, and also I would like to encrypt traffic between the access point and the client, and I want the pretty cloud splash functionality instead of the bog standard local auth splash screen.

It seems like a reasonable option to me, am I being really thick or is there no way to use the cloud splash screen, with a PSK?

• 2.  RE: Use a PSK with Cloud Guest portal
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 04, 2015 11:24 AM

Thanks for the feedback. This is something we are planning. Stay tuned for a date.

• 3.  RE: Use a PSK with Cloud Guest portal

Posted Nov 04, 2015 11:39 AM

Thanks Seth!

At least I know I'm not going mad! Well, not yet anyway.

We'll take the splash screen off and just run with a PSK as I think its more important to encrypt our guest traffic than provide a good authentication system.